Better give us a compensation for this..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azerain

12-15-2013

Go play Dota2 instead

Riot Superfoxman

NOC Technician

12-15-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
I cannot comment on the current issues but usually when it's an issue with provider X, it doesn't matter what company you are with, it matters how trafic is being routed between you and riot's servers.

If you live on one side of the country then it's highly likely you are going to be routed through one of a handful of backhauls which sometimes have issues of throttling or even blocking traffic. When that happens riot has no control over it because it's not their lines that are failing.

Not saying that's what's happening right now but I'm sick of no one understanding how network traffic works and what riot means when they talk about routing issues.

PS: If you have issues like this, you should really look into using a VPN so you can re-route your traffic through a different point to try to bypass the problems yourself.
I was typing out my response but you beat me to it. This is the root of what some players saw as reconnects from a few providers who peer with said ISP.

EternalNightmare

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSuperfoxman View Post
I was typing out my response but you beat me to it. This is the root of what some players saw as reconnects from a few providers who peer with said ISP.
you should change your name to Riot Superfoxyman

CarePoliceLoL

12-15-2013

EUW is lagging EVERY WEEKEND SINCE MONTHS and by lagging I mean it's completely UNPLAYABLE + occasional lag during the week as well. If NA gets any compensation because their servers lagged 3 days in a year I'm gonna quit for sure.

onboardtonowhere

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarePoliceLoL View Post
EUW is lagging EVERY WEEKEND SINCE MONTHS and by lagging I mean it's completely UNPLAYABLE + occasional lag during the week as well. If NA gets any compensation because their servers lagged 3 days in a year I'm gonna quit for sure.
No one cares goddam europeans think they're always the center of everything.

Middlemangg

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarePoliceLoL View Post
You havent seen the **** NA has been through the past 2 years. GTFO.

Garadyne

12-15-2013

Quote:

If a lot of people are having issues, it's Riot's fault, not some ISP's. Software compatibility falls on the fault of the developer, not the user. Then again, things like Adobe Air and Pando Media Booster have been huge spots of shame for LoL as well, so this isn't really surprising.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2013

Quote:

Ooh lawdy a red response!

<3 thanks for the info. I wasn't playing atm so couldn't say if it was an actual server issue or just the usual routing problems.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2013

1000RP, never forget.

Riot Superfoxman

NOC Technician

12-15-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Ooh lawdy a red response!

<3 thanks for the info. I wasn't playing atm so couldn't say if it was an actual server issue or just the usual routing problems.
I am not sure why you are getting down voted either, it was a very well thought out response and indeed was a routing problem with an ISP whom we have no control over.