Screw Leona: Lets Have A Diana Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keikomatsui

Senior Member

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I care about plenty of champions, however I've only worked on a limited number. I don't have as much insight into the one's I haven't worked on unless I was in proximity to the process.
You tell 'em Parrot! We all love you here anyways.

Just out of errant curiosity, have you ever considered a "reverse" skin duo for those two. Like, Leona was exiled for worshiping the Sun, and Mt. Targon was all Moon happy, making Diana their religious matriarch.

Just an idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralik098

Senior Member

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I care about plenty of champions, however I've only worked on a limited number. I don't have as much insight into the one's I haven't worked on unless I was in proximity to the process.
I'm sorry to call you out on it, I really don't mean to offend you if I have. I understand that you have worked on these champions and have more insight to them and I think it is cool that you post as much as you do, but I still wish that you would post just as much for other champions as you do for these three. I mean I almost never see you talk about any other champion unless you happen to be reworking them at the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wintermalls

Senior Member

12-15-2013

Name:  tumblr_mem530RfXs1rihek4o1_1280.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  99.9 KB


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-15-2013
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
I'm sorry to call you out on it, I really don't mean to offend you if I have. I understand that you have worked on these champions and have more insight to them, but I still wish that you would post just as much for other champions as you do for these three. I mean I almost never see you talk about any other champion unless you happen to be reworking them at the time.
Not a lot of discussion comes up around the other core characters I've worked on in a visual sense. There's developer stories, but that's sort of a one-time explanation. I'm flattered that certain champions I've worked on seem to have a decent shelf life and pop up in threads like these.

I'm lucky enough to have some insight on most of what we develop in terms of characters, but it's also not always my place to speak extensively about champions I didn't have direct input on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralik098

Senior Member

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Not a lot of discussion comes up around the other core characters I've worked on in a visual sense. There's developer stories, but that's sort of a one-time explanation. I'm flattered that certain champions I've worked on seem to have a decent shelf life and pop up in threads like these.

I'm lucky enough to have some insight on most of what we develop in terms of characters, but it's also not always my place to speak extensively about champions I didn't have direct input on.
What other characters have you worked on? I thought you had at least a small hand in most of them being the Senior Artist, or at least many of the newer champions. Thanks for the response btw.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wintermalls

Senior Member

12-15-2013

I know this is diana and not leona, but this one is cool IMO

Name:  eclipse_leona_by_sunnykoda-d60dj2t (1).jpg
Views: 2290
Size:  1,019.2 KB




Name:  XtoYXjA.jpg
Views: 1838
Size:  190.9 KB


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

Senior Member

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
What other characters have you worked on? I thought you had at least a small hand in most of them being the Senior Artist, or at least many of the newer champions. Thanks for the response btw.
Here's a post from 2012 on that
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
From the ground up: Leona, Talon, Skarner, Xerath, Graves, Diana.

Concept/Production art: Sejuani, Ahri, Viktor, Volibear.

Skins: Midnight Ahri, Subterranean Nautilus, and a pile of others you haven't seen.

Currently working on 2 other champions in the pipeline and a few reworks.

The next champion you'll see that I worked on.. good god.. it's got me written all over it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralik098

Senior Member

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Here's a post from 2012 on that
Thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-15-2013
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Was digging around, found her final portrait we used for the pitch.

Name:  Diana Portrait 4.jpg
Views: 10227
Size:  178.6 KB


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrannus0

Senior Member

12-15-2013

Oh my god how did I miss this thread.