Make a member's system, it'll make you big $ and lots of us happy

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotFiretiger777

B2B Markeeting Associate

12-14-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

I'm curious, are people downvoting him because they don't like the idea of a subscription model at all? I'd love to discuss what would make players happy with a subscription model and what they don't want to see at all.

Personally I'm not so sure about the random skin feature or affecting match making. But I'd love to discuss what features players would be excited to see in general!

cottonycloud

12-14-2013

This sounds like a ****ty idea in Runesc - oh wait.

Minish Sage

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSwagSwagYoloX View Post
If someone's gonna pay 10-15 dollars just to **** their own team over in a random matchmade team, then they're something else and should just give me some free money instead
great logic.

MephyRunsAllDay

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFiretiger777 View Post
I'm curious, are people downvoting him because they don't like the idea of a subscription model at all? I'd love to discuss what would make players happy with a subscription model and what they don't want to see at all.

Personally I'm not so sure about the random skin feature or affecting match making. But I'd love to discuss what features players would be excited to see in general!
No, thanks. Free to play is free to play, let us live with our paid cosmetics, no need to change the current system. Its work, isn't it? And we are fine with it.

NInjacatMew

12-14-2013

Quote:

Scrap the idea, Riot. Doing it will cause a riot.

RiotFiretiger777

B2B Markeeting Associate

12-14-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephyRunsAllDay View Post
No, thanks. Free to play is free to play, let us live with our paid cosmetics, no need to change the current system. Its work, isn't it? And we are fine with it.
Of course those who want free to play will remain free to play, any subscription model would be an optional one that players who are interested.

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2013

Quote:

We don't need you idiots and Hippalu$ in marketing ****ing up pricing and skins even more.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2013

Quote:

We're downvoting because segregating your players into two castes is a terrible, terrible idea. It has killed more than one F2P title. The fact that LoL doesn't do this is one of the major points to be made defending LoL's monetization model.

And that's not just a handful of players talking, go check out the Extra Credits on the topic of F2P and how it can be done right: that's one of the major points they make.

There is no version of this that is going to draw actual subscribers that isn't going to alienate half of the community from the game or make people feel like paying for "premium" service isn't an obligation of some kind.

Do not. Do this.

cottonycloud

12-14-2013

Quote:

I don't dislike the subscription model so much as the rewards. They feel like weak rewards like in Runescape. Free skin if you're a member? If it's "exclusive" to that model, then you will look like a rich jerk, and plus so many other people will have it that it doesn't feel exclusive.

The matchmaking idea is meh, because it probably won't ever be ranked anyway.

DarkslayerG

12-14-2013

How is this different from a pay to win model? You pay for better teammates (I'm assuming people paying are more motivated to win/play more/higher skill), which will eventually force everyone serious in playing to pay or get grouped with the not serious players.

In comparison, a subscription option where EVERYONE pays would seem to be a better alternative.