@Riot, about Yasuo Ultimate, let's talk.

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakonitus

12-14-2013

I don't see a reason for the need of a knock up to use it.

What if I play in solo queue with a team without knock up? I will totally need my third Q to use my ultimate. The enemy team will known that only I can use a knock up to use my ultimate. The result? I will be focused and will die before I can cast the third Q. I don't will even use my ultimate. My team will have -1 champion basically.

Yasuo depends so much on his ultimate to be a competitive champion, and today it's hard to use it without a team with a AoE knock up.

I think Riot should let the player choose Yasuo as his champion independent on the team. "Oh there's no knock up skill on my team so I will not gonna use Yasuo"... this sounds bad for the game. =/

What about changing this?

His ultimate can have two functions: doing a dash and normal damage on any enemy AND armor shred on knock up enemys. Very simple. If you knock up the enemy you will get a amazing bonus, if not you will have a good gap closer as your ultimate.

Or another solution could be his Q stacking just like annie passive.

I'm not saying Yasuo is a bad champion, but being very much dependent of his team is something that I don't like.

P.S: sorry for my bad english ;p

SlumlordThanatos

12-14-2013

Making his ultimate require a knockup means that Yasuo will always be more of a niche champion. He does need a team built around him, and that helps to balance out the absurd damage and utility he brings to a team.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2013

idk, I am only silver... I laned top against a plat player who was using yasuo and he didn't seem to have any difficulty using his ult...

Maybe he just has a high mechanical skill ceiling sorta like Draaaven, where you have to be really really good just to play him, but it pays off when you do.

King Arrudar

12-14-2013

ya sure.
Get rid of the need to knock up.

But keep the range.

U shouldnt be allowed on forums.

AlternateJ

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonitus View Post
I don't see a reason for the need of a knock up to use it.

What if I play in solo queue with a team without knock up? I will totally need my third Q to use my ultimate. The enemy team will known that only I can use a knock up to use my ultimate. The result? I will be focused and will die before I can cast the third Q. I don't will even use my ultimate. My team will have -1 champion basically.

Yasuo depends so much on his ultimate to be a competitive champion, and today it's hard to use it without a team with a AoE knock up.

I think Riot should let the player choose Yasuo as his champion independent on the team. "Oh there's no knock up skill on my team so I will not gonna use Yasuo"... this sounds bad for the game. =/

What about changing this?

His ultimate can have two functions: doing a dash and normal damage on any enemy AND armor shred on knock up enemys. Very simple. If you knock up the enemy you will get a amazing bonus, if not you will have a good gap closer as your ultimate.

Or another solution could be his Q stacking just like annie passive.

I'm not saying Yasuo is a bad champion, but being very much dependent of his team is something that I don't like.

P.S: sorry for my bad english ;p
Well I think that they were going for the fact that it is so clear in functionality that it has counterplay to it. Not to mention that to compensate it has a really long range. And can suspend multiple targets.

Also you'd be surprised how many champions it can proc off of. But also, if your team isn't going for a coordinated team comp you are going to do poorly anyway (cough, no tank, triple assassin etc.) I know that solo queue is hard to coordinate in, but that is the same reason that Orianna is left in a stronger state. She needs specific things for her to work really well and those "things" are provided by the team.

Just like Orianna needs a ball delivery system, Yasuo needs another displacement spell if he wants to be able to initiate a fight.

HOWEVER, his third q is very easy to build up especially if you have access to jungle creeps or minions during the team fight dance that teams fall into around the mid game. It has an extremely short cd and his third q has quite the range to it.

Not to mention, he isn't completely relying on his ult as he is quite slippery with E being on a 0.1s CD and windwall being able to be used in creative ways

PS: Your english is fine don't worry about it

The Quinn Show

12-14-2013

I feel like if its doable, its doable... you can't really force his ult unless you are on voice chat with someone playing a knock up champ.

I would prefer it to be easier to perform the AoE knock up ... staying in combat for 10 seconds hitting people isn't exactly easy when you get rooted from dashing in to begin with.

Something as fast as Xin Zhao would be preferable unless Yasuo can hold the charge for longer.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

12-14-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

You should probably play a different champion. Yasuo doesn't seem like he is for you.

Scooter Sparkle

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
You should probably play a different champion. Yasuo doesn't seem like he is for you.
You probably should've designed his Q better

And his W

And his E

If you haven't caught on, he's pretty ****ing clunky, his Q more than anything.

SummonerMan Matt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post

wut

Aroph

12-14-2013

inb4 The Beard all over again.

12345 ... 9