Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 486 24.34%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.60%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.07%
Voters: 1997. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
18 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlighte View Post
And i think we all appreciate you humoring us. Sometimes we make perfectly normal requests, like this thread i think. And then sometimes our requests are.... well ya know... the sort of requests that make you want to pull your hair out. Keep at it IronStylus.
Well, I'm not humoring, I really value this feedback. The reason I chose to speak up was because this thread was neutral in it's position, polite, and well said. I really appreciate the OP for phrasing the way it was phrased, even when voicing dissatisfaction. This allows things to not be heated and for us to actually have a productive discussion. Hopefully you guys are feeling like you're heard, and I'm getting some awesome potential solutions here. I think it's a win-win

Knight Auditor

12-14-2013

Just dropping in to say that Tryndamere's Guan Yu skin is everything I ever hoped it would be and you guys deserve mad props for it. Part of the cool response to this Syn-DIANA skin is surely due to it simply paling next to the glory of Lord Guan's magnificent beard.

Oh yeah, it's not too late to make that Athena skin for Leona that you know in your heart of hearts is the right thing to do. I'd be remiss not to remind you of this duty.

Starlighte

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Well, I'm not humoring, I really value this feedback. The reason I chose to speak up was because this thread was neutral in it's position, polite, and well said. I really appreciate the OP for phrasing the way it was phrased, even when voicing dissatisfaction. This allows things to not be heated and for us to actually have a productive discussion. Hopefully you guys are feeling like you're heard, and I'm getting some awesome potential solutions here. I think it's a win-win
I agree with it being a win-win.... Now perhaps you ought to hit the sack because it isn't like it is 5AM or anything over there... I get that they're doing server maintenance but why are you up IS? lol

Senstrae

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Tassels gotta stay =P
I feel it's necessary for them to stay, I love the tassels, they're wonderful. Also I appreciate your considerations on changing the textures around to make it seem like there's partial light armor under her getup.

Diana's original skin never really screamed full on armor to me, it always felt like it was a sturdy leather tunic rather than full (plate) body armor. She always seemed like a more agile fighter, her scythe attacks required large sweeps, so she needs some freedom of movement that full on armor wouldn't logically provide.

EDIT: But yeah I haven't seen her as much of a full cloth type either... so anything that would be considered leather/chain territory is how I view her anyway.

Neo Cyrus

12-14-2013

IronStylus I do have one question which I believe is not nitpicking which I forgot to ask... any chance of a different dance? Many were hoping for a difference dance since the original is, no offense intended, not exactly a dance.

If there is no time to include such a thing that's fine but just knowing whether or not you're considering it would be nice... or do you not work on the animations at all and that's a different department?

Starlighte

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Auditor View Post
Just dropping in to say that Tryndamere's Guan Yu skin is everything I ever hoped it would be and you guys deserve mad props for it. Part of the cool response to this Syndra skin is surely due to it simply paling next to the glory of Lord Guan's magnificent beard.

Oh yeah, it's not too late to make that Athena skin for Leona that you know in your heart of hearts is the right thing to do. I'd be remiss not to remind you of this duty.
By Syndra... you mean Diana yes?

Knight Auditor

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlighte View Post
By Syndra... you mean Diana yes?
Yo, it's quarter after five on a Friday night. That post was incredible by quarter after five on a Friday night standards.

Starlighte

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Auditor View Post
Yo, it's quarter after five on a Friday night. That post was incredible by quarter after five on a Friday night standards.
I laughed hard i won't lie. Touche good sir touche.

Rivini

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Why does it get a headdress. Dark Valkyrie wasn't allowed to have a headdress because it covered her moon symbol. This skin has a headdress that covers her moon symbol.

This irks me severely.
May have been said already, but I'll say it anyway.

Dark Valkyrie lost the headdress because she looked too much like Syndra, who was to be released in the near future at the time.

Pinky27

12-14-2013

As one of the guys who was initially shocked by the lack of armor, I gotta say the look of the skin as it is has grown on me quite a bit. I do like the idea of some light armor as long as it's kept light! I've actually come to like the theme of the skin quite a bit and it would be a shame to see that covered up.

If there's anyone that will handle Diana well, it's IronStylus and we're all grateful you're here! Thanks for being so helpful and awesome

(I LOVE the blade, please don't touch it as it's already perfect! And I really like the headdress as well)