Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 486 24.34%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.60%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.07%
Voters: 1997. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jacccey

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yeah, that's one thing I'm very weary of. That's why.. sort of a blessing in disguise.. that the changes I'm going to be playing with will only be on the texture side of things. At this point I'd be really sticking it to the 3D guys and animators if I made large shape changes or added thick armor. I'm going to make material swaps and see if thin armor feels right rather than thick chunky shapes. This skin is intended to be elegant, it shouldn't be too bulky as far as my opinion goes.
Hello IronStylus!
I think some light armor on her would be very nice. like greaves and bracers
I am sure they can be designed to look elegant
As a chinese i know instantly the reference is Chang E and i think it is really a great idea! I like the hairstyle but pale colors seem to look better with theme.
Also the shoes can be improved to be more goddess like in my opinion... I probably prefer not have the toes shown
I think she can definitely have armor pieces and puffy sleeves at the same time
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...5&d=1387007339

Neo Cyrus

12-14-2013

This is very minor and I edited into my last post too late (you had already replied) but her legs/feet/face are all different colours and it makes her feet look dirty. I know it's extremely nitpicking but is her skin colour going to be made uniform in the final version?

To be honest part of the reason we're all nitpicking so much is because this is her first skin since her release. It's been much anticipated.

Valenten

12-14-2013

IronStylus as someone who enjoys historical figures/mythology and also plays Smite which has a God based off of Chang'e, I think their take on her is REALLY good I would maybe take a bit of inspiration from that (not saying copy it just take inspiration from it) and that would help make the skin even better. I already like the skin but the face not having the traditional heavy make up of the older Chinese mytho kinda draws away from it. The hair and head piece give the Diana feel and make her easily distinguishable in game so Id keep that the way it is honestly. Now as far as addressing the whole armor lovers Id say some ancient Chinese esque bracers, shin guards, and maybe a collar bone/shoulder and neck region armor piece would really pull this together! just some ideas to help make this skin even more awesome.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
14 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacccey View Post
Hello IronStylus!
I think some light armor on her would be very nice. like greaves and bracers
I am sure they can be designed to look elegant
As a chinese i know instantly the reference is Chang E and i think it is really a great idea! I like the hairstyle but pale colors seem to look better with theme.
Also the shoes can be improved to be more goddess like in my opinion... I probably prefer to having the toes shown
I think she can definitely have armor pieces and puffy sleeves at the same time
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...5&d=1387007339
This is extremely helpful! Thank you so much!

So glad you got the reference and the hair

Thank you for the the reference. I do agree that I think we can retain the elegance but add some armor flair.

Much appreciated!

Maerala

12-14-2013

Quote:
Clarifying with actionable feedback is the best thing you can do.
It's just that it's been almost three years since Karma's last skin. Naturally when an idea for one was leaked some five months back and hyped as being a possible Lunar Revel skin for her, her fans were really excited. It's just sad to hear that the idea was scrapped, especially since she's a champion who's so rarely shown any love but who has a very loyal fanbase.

Hopefully there's something else planned for her in the not-so-far-off future.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
15 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenten View Post
IronStylus as someone who enjoys historical figures and also plays Smite which has a God based off of Chang'e I think their take on her is REALLY good I would maybe take a bit of inspiration from that (not saying copy it just take inspiration from it) and that would help make the skin even better. I already like the skin but the face not having the traditional heavy make up of the older Chinese mytho kinda draws away from it. The hair and head piece give the Diana feel and make her easily distinguishable in game so Id keep that the way it is honestly. Now as far as addressing the whole armor lovers Id say some ancient Chinese esque bracers, shin guards, and maybe a collar bone/should and neck region armor piece would really pull this together! just some ideas to help make this skin even more awesome.
Awesome! I'll do some research.

I can't believe that a lot of the feedback I'm getting pertains to putting MORE armor on her. A challenge right up my alley :P

Ralik098

12-14-2013

Do any of these champions have a skin in development that might hit live servers soon?

Akali, Ashe, Irelia

Eyrgos

12-14-2013

True, it is a much paler purple which really hasn't been hit on much at all... I think it's very nice I just noticed a trend of purple that I got tired of around the Syndra/Kha/ZAC era. Good work on making this purple different & standalone!

P.S. any more Orange-Colour hitting the game soon? I love the slight Amber-coloration of High Noon Yasuo... I feel the game is severely lacking in Orange-Colour! Perhaps it's a contrast thing or an eyesore thing, but it should be used I think (and soon)!

Valenten

12-14-2013

Quote:
Awesome! I'll do some research.

I can't believe that a lot of the feedback I'm getting pertains to putting MORE armor on her. A challenge right up my alley :P
Well to be fair I'm personally ok with the skin not having armor but I know thats a thing that Diana is known for and am just wanting everyone to have a point that they enjoy from the skin so if adding a bit of armor helps that then im all for it.

Neo Cyrus

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
Do any of these champions have a skin in development that might hit live servers soon?

Akali, Ashe, Irelia
I don't know what your definition of soon is but if any of those have anything in development it's probably a minimum of 2 months away. These skins currently on the PBE are for the Lunar Revel, which is for Chinese New Year, that's on the 31st of January over a month away. I assume they will be released a week prior to that or something.