Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.31%
Needs Slight alterations 630 31.58%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.11%
Voters: 1995. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maerala

12-14-2013

@IronStylus, is there anything at all you can say about Lunar Karma and what the situation is there, please?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
10 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorioku View Post
I like the Lunar Revel theme of the skin. I don't want it to be too armory and take out the grace.
Yeah, that's one thing I'm very weary of. That's why.. sort of a blessing in disguise.. that the changes I'm going to be playing with will only be on the texture side of things. At this point I'd be really sticking it to the 3D guys and animators if I made large shape changes or added thick armor. I'm going to make material swaps and see if thin armor feels right rather than thick chunky shapes. This skin is intended to be elegant, it shouldn't be too bulky as far as my opinion goes.

Splinterheart

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerala View Post
@IronStylus, is there anything at all you can say about Lunar Karma and what the situation is there, please?
Was just gonna ask this despite it being a Diana discussion, but a lot of people are quite passionate about it.
For background, a while back Lunar Karma popped up as a name in the shop, so everybody assumed it was a new Lunar Revel skin coming. Needless to say, disappointment for those who wanted it.

DemiluniS

12-14-2013

Parrot, can you tell what happened to Lunar Karma/Jade Mistress Karma skins, I hightly anticipated for a Karma skin this event, and got really dissapointed she didn't recieve one

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
11 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
On-Topic: what do you think about the excess use of the color purple as of late? Do you think you'd consider changing that color on this Diana skin?
I would take a look at the rest of the skins in the eventual patch. I think she balances things out. However, one thing in my concept I'm noticing is that the purple I use is a lot paler than what I'm seeing on the model. Again, this might make the game read better, but at the same time it might be causing some uncomfortable contrast. A lot of this is in the zone of "feeling" and it's going to be a subtle task.

Sorioku

12-14-2013

Alrighty then, that was my only concern, looking forward to the final result. Thanks for the clarification.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
12 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
Parrot, can you tell what happened to Lunar Karma/Jade Mistress Karma skins, I hightly anticipated for a Karma skin this event, and got really dissapointed she didn't recieve one
If I remember correctly.. and I don't know that I am.. I think it was scrapped for being below our quality standards for some reason. Not sure why and I'm definitely not an authority on that so take it with a grain of salt.

Maerala

12-14-2013

Cue huge disappointment. :/

Eyrgos

12-14-2013

Off-Topic: a lot of people were really upset Elise's first post-release skin was exclusive to Gold & up.

Any plan in the future to make it Riot policy to not use a champion's first post-release skin as an exclusive reward?

For Bronze/Silver Elise fans/players, this was a severe letdown, and I think it'd be wiser if first post-releases were exempt from such an exclusion... notice, I say ONLY first ones, second & beyond is fine.

On-Topic: I think the weapon could use a little bedazzle... like some bling, maybe inlay some like 3 jewels along the outside-edge? Those stockings could be made into mail-armor quite easily with some texture/recolor... no reshape even necessary, that would be a perfect place to hit!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
13 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maerala View Post
Cue huge disappointment. :/
Clarifying with actionable feedback is the best thing you can do.