Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.30%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.61%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.09%
Voters: 1996. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

namielise

12-14-2013

Please tell me you're gonna work on that potato face!!!her face is so chubby,diana isn't like that!!!

Claws Of Lyco

12-14-2013

It's an unfinished skin you can't really have opinions on something unfinished

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
6 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
Thank you for the reply. Though I have to admit that's very disappointed and saddening. For those who notice the low-resolution comparison/poor texture-quality on Quinn, it's really disheartening.

Can you please ask nicely for minor TU-touchup's on behalf of Quinn fans who were sorely disappointed to discover she didn't meet the expected quality-standard? The original comparison of how low-res she is was really deflating for fans of her from the teaser and beyond.

On-Topic: my vote, add armored Anklets/Bracers to the Diana Skin to appeal to those who play her for the armored-girl fantasy... a fine mild compromise to the beauty/elegance.

And I mean like super minor... she doesn't need a VU or anything crazy.

Like crazy minor touch-ups--an artist could do it in a few hours or on the side, or even on an extended break period I'm sure.

A light touch to the inner-armor & hair/headpiece, maybe weapon would do her complete justice and be fair recompense imho (not like you guys owe us anything, visually she's just a bit substandard).
Quinn might be a side project for me in the future, but she's simply just not on the radar. We have some really pressing priorities.

I like the ideas you're suggesting about the armor. I think they're doable.

Ralik098

12-14-2013

Why is Riven getting a Lunar Revel skin instead of someone that actually fits the theme?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
7 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws Of Lyco View Post
It's an unfinished skin you can't really have opinions on something unfinished
I'd argue that this is a great time to have opinions. I think we have a bit of time before these skins release, I'd like to gather as much feedback now so I can help the team if they think that this feedback is actionable.

Neo Cyrus

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Looks mostly like stuff that's just not complete.

As for her hair, I'm liking where it's generally going. I think the reversal from the white is appropriate for this particular skin. I'm certainly open to suggestions though.
Thanks for checking, I was almost convinced that the passive had to be a bug, good to know it's just not done yet.

I don't have any issue at all with the hair colour, I just think the Chinese style loops at the top of her hair are really... odd. I don't know why it just doesn't seem to fit the Lunar Goddess theme, but that's just my OCD opinion.

*Edited my post after you already replied, sorry.*

Would changing the eyes to not face opposite directions or making her skin colour all match (face/legs/feet) be something you'd consider?

Okay that was badly worded, what I meant to say is that her eyes seem that way to me.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
8 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
Thanks for checking, I was almost convinced that the passive had to be a bug, good to know it's just not done yet.

I don't have any issue at all with the hair colour, I just think the Chinese style loops at the top of her hair are really... odd. I don't know why it just doesn't seem to fit the Lunar Goddess theme, but that's just my OCD opinion.

My biggest suggestion should be a very small task though, just slightly adjust the eyes so they're not facing opposite directions. Or is it just the way I see it on a 27" monitor (2560x1440)? Does it bother anyone else here?
At the moment, I think that face is ripped directly from the base and had some tweaks done. I'll see what can be done and if it will add value.

Miss Younha

12-14-2013

Not sure if this is related to you IronStylus but when are we getting reworked art for Nidalee, Sivir, Lux and others' updated skins? I heard that they were "top priorities" a year ago but haven't seen any changes to them.

FujiyamaNoMokou

12-14-2013

Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for setting up the poll. Additionally, thanks for the feedback.
-snip-
Dear parrot

I'd kill for diana to not show off the forehead in a skin

any chance we can get her to let her hair down a little and show off that nice moon tattoo she has at the same time?

Ask Tyrant Swain

12-14-2013

Quote:
Being a bit of a Diana fan myself I'm happy with the overall direction in the case of this particular skin, but as I mentioned, so long as the conversation is productive and actionable, I'm open to suggestions about potential changes.
The skin gives me a feeling like Diana was put in a puffy Baroque-esque dress that was made to look Chinese-ish, rather than something you could see a Chinese goddess wear. Free-flowing, silky clothes that resemble kimonos would fit it more, though it's probably a **** to animate.