Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.30%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.61%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.09%
Voters: 1996. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyrgos

12-14-2013

On-Topic: I think the problem with this Diana skin is it will very likely not appeal to the mass-majority of Diana players.

Putting a little armor on it would suffice I believe (like how Yasuo has that shoulderpiece)...

Did you see this thread?!

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...ht=diana+armor

Most people play Diana for the armor-clad lady...

So please put on some better kind of armory thing to it. Kneeguards for goodness sakes!

Armored bracers could be a great start... maybe anklets too and/or a choker.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
2 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
At IronStylus, while we're on the topic of disappointing visuals...

Please comment if you might:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...0#post43333990
No TU or VU is scheduled for Quinn. Nor will one be in the foreseeable future.

Neo Cyrus

12-14-2013

Can you please confirm if what I run into on the PBE are bugs or not - http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends...riven-reminder

I attached pictures to the post.

Also is anything going to be done about her hair?

Miss Younha

12-14-2013

This Diana skin sucks, including Riven one. I have no idea about how Chinese players feel about this because these are basically exclusive skins for them, but regardless these skins need some serious changes.

A0 SHIN

12-14-2013

None of the above. Add an option "should've made a better concept Diana players would like"

Eyrgos

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
No TU or VU is scheduled for Quinn. Nor will one be in the foreseeable future.
Thank you for the reply. Though I have to admit that's very disappointed and saddening. For those who notice the low-resolution comparison/poor texture-quality on Quinn, it's really disheartening.

Can you please ask nicely for minor TU-touchup's on behalf of Quinn fans who were sorely disappointed to discover she didn't meet the expected quality-standard? The original comparison of how low-res she is was really deflating for fans of her from the teaser and beyond.

On-Topic: my vote, add armored Anklets/Bracers to the Diana Skin to appeal to those who play her for the armored-girl fantasy... a fine mild compromise to the beauty/elegance.

And I mean like super minor... she doesn't need a VU or anything crazy.

Like crazy minor touch-ups--an artist could do it in a few hours or on the side, or even on an extended break period I'm sure.

A light touch to the inner-armor & hair/headpiece, maybe weapon would do her complete justice and be fair recompense imho (not like you guys owe us anything, visually she's just a bit substandard).

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
3 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
Can you please confirm if what I run into on the PBE are bugs or not - http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends...riven-reminder

I attached pictures to the post.

Also is anything going to be done about her hair?
Looks mostly like stuff that's just not complete.

As for her hair, I'm liking where it's generally going. I think the reversal from the white is appropriate for this particular skin. I'm certainly open to suggestions though.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
4 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguihome View Post
None of the above. Add an option "should've made a better concept Diana players would like"
Being a bit of a Diana fan myself I'm happy with the overall direction in the case of this particular skin, but as I mentioned, so long as the conversation is productive and actionable, I'm open to suggestions about potential changes.

Splinterheart

12-14-2013

I have fairly low standards when it comes to being impressed by skins - And this one is no exception, I absolutely adore it.
The only thing that bugged me was her toe skin colour and possibly her leg skin are different colours (darker) than her upper half.
Although she might look better if she was paler over all (skin wise)
It is a little strange to see her without armor, but I like the elegant and classy feel this skin has.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-14-2013
5 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinterheart View Post
I have fairly low standards when it comes to being impressed by this skin (which I absolutely adore)
The only thing that bugged me was her toe skin colour and possibly her leg skin are different colours (darker) than her upper half.
Although she might look better if she was paler over all (skin wise)
That's something i'm noticing having the concept and model side-by-side. There are some contrast/color/value discrepancies. Some of this is intentional "balancing" in that we're making a color and value hierarchy in order to help things read better from top down. However, it's a tricky balance. We might be able to tweak some things here.