Old St. Zilean Limited Edition Skin on Sale Now

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cosmic Power

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by j oliver View Post
This special limited edition Zilean skin will only be available in the store now through Sunday, December 27th. This rare skin features the Chronokeeper in full Snowdown Showdown garb, and finds his clock and gears replaced by seasonal elements and a festive suit. Head to the Skins tab in the Store to purchase this exclusive skin now!
Strategic Marketing Manager...

All I read is, "guy who knows how to rip people off and get away with it"

kcuf

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespy View Post
And if Riot can find some way to amend the bizarre pricing structure for LoL's in-game store, nothing will stand in its way.
yes, very bizarre.

jasonoliver

Senior Business Development Manager

12-23-2009
2 of 6 Riot Posts

This skin is limited because it is only going to be offered through this Sunday. We will do something similar for Tristana's holiday skin next weekend. The others are available throughout the event. We will frequently offer special limited edition skins alongside events, while also continuing to add to our general selection of skins (ie Ninja Master Yi, Nightmare Cho'Gath, etc)

JabBba

12-23-2009

Some Christmas Xtra Money.

kcuf

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by j oliver View Post
This skin is limited because it is only going to be offered through this Sunday. We will do something similar for Tristana's holiday skin next weekend. The others are available throughout the event. We will frequently offer special limited edition skins alongside events, while also continuing to add to our general selection of skins (ie Ninja Master Yi, Nightmare Cho'Gath, etc)
Do you think you could do something about the price though. I just don't see a lot of people buying it at that price.

sick4paradise

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Power View Post
Strategic Marketing Manager...

All I read is, "guy who knows how to rip people off and get away with it"
People whose reservation prices are below the market price won't buy it. People whose reservation prices are greater than or equal to market value will purchase it, and be happy with their purchase. There's no ripping off involved.

Profeta

12-23-2009

Bought mine.

jasonoliver

Senior Business Development Manager

12-23-2009
3 of 6 Riot Posts

There will be more Zilean skins in the future for all the Zilean players out there. That being said, if you want this specific limited edition skin, 975 RP is the price, and you will only be able to purchase it through Sunday. Like several users mentioned on earlier threads on this topic, the users who did/do make the purchase will always have this skin to use, and it won't be as prevalent in-game as say the Nightmare Cho'Gath skin, which adds to its rarity.

Baron Corm

12-23-2009

Consider it's twice as much as the Nunu skin I don't think I'll be buying it. If you want to lower the price to the same as the Nunu skin I would definitely buy it. I guess you're banking on the fact that at least half as many people will buy it as the cheaper skins? Please let me know how it turns out, I'm pretty curious.

freykin

12-23-2009

While the price is higher than I expected, I did end up picking it up anyways. It totally paid for itself in the first game due to some of the jokes I could make.

"I'm the Santa of Future Past, and I know whether you've been naughty or never been nice."

Stuff like that

123456 ... 9