So we already had to re-learn smiting dragon/baron with the new smite...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dahbeastt

12-13-2013

http://www.whendidsaintlastmisssmite.com/

Maybe it will help him

Wittrock

12-13-2013

To be honest, this was a good change, but the next step is to add some sort of tics to the monster health bars like champions have - Preferably with a difference look, and maybe only to indicate chunks of 1000? But may as well. Especially for Baron and Dragon, though on all AI it could be useful.

RavenHusky

12-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Good news it that a larger health bar gives you extra resolution to determine HP from.
This. Helps me time my Final Spark to steal Dragon/Baron.

FoxAmidstStars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2013

Do you not click on the Dragon and watch the numbers on its health bar? Do you really just eyeball it? O.o

GodKilleR 999

12-13-2013

I wonder why drag/baron/big buffs don't have division in their hp bar, vilemaw has it and it's really a nice feature.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

12-13-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cake View Post
Not even this new health bar is large enough to fill the void that LCS left in my heart. When will it return? T_T
First day of qualifiers ended today. Copenhagen Wolves replace Meet Your Makers.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

12-13-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKilleR 999 View Post
I wonder why drag/baron/big buffs don't have division in their hp bar, vilemaw has it and it's really a nice feature.
We actually intentionally didn't include it for them. The argument is that it somewhat increases the skill of Smite wars.

NC KingHippo

12-13-2013

If you are a jungler that reads the numbers and waits until Baron's health is less than smite damage I will steal it 10 out of 10 times.

I suppose I'm just a Plat scrub, but it's all about watching the bar and getting a feel for how fast Baron's being nuked. Smite wars are all about experience. With the new changes it's going to push it a little bit closer to 50/50 odds in my opinion.

GodKilleR 999

12-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
We actually intentionally didn't include it for them. The argument is that it somewhat increases the skill of Smite wars.
So instead of being able to tell by simply looking at you'd rather look at the top right after clicking on it?

GodKilleR 999

12-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC KingHippo View Post
If you are a jungler that reads the numbers and waits until Baron's health is less than smite damage I will steal it 10 out of 10 times.

I suppose I'm just a Plat scrub, but it's all about watching the bar and getting a feel for how fast Baron's being nuked. Smite wars are all about experience. With the new changes it's going to push it a little bit closer to 50/50 odds in my opinion.
Or you could evaluate the dps being dealt to it and smite when you think it's about to be smitable. I don't think anyone who reads the number actually do it the way you say.