Excuse me riot but why can't rammus leave W anymore?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

woyaH

12-12-2013

Can't cancel defensive ball curl? Are you serious? WHY!? You already took someone who ONLY tanks and took their only real CC spell and cut the duration by about 30%. Why in gods name do you feel the need to make it so he can't powerball when he feels like it? if i can't cancel DBC then i'm just going to stand their feeling like an idiot.

I Surge I

12-12-2013

I'm sure Powerball will cancel it?

Dat downvote. get wreck'd.

InsertANameHere

12-12-2013

I'm pretty sure you can still Powerball normally, which will cancel DBC.

Mormpooid

12-12-2013

you can powerball during ballcurl it will just cancel it,

NocPat

12-12-2013

There is no reason to cancel it normally now and there are no downsides.

Sawsers

12-12-2013

Cancelling it without Powerballing to put it on cd early was pretty useful, especially in the jungle

edit: apparently it goes on cd upon activation now, so there's no real need to cancel it manually

Dr W

12-12-2013

Op do you even know how Rammus works or are you just making a QQ thread for the hell of it?

MegaBlaziken

12-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawsers View Post
Cancelling it without Powerballing to put it on cd early was pretty useful, especially in the jungle
Except the CD starts the moment you activate his W now, instead of having to cancel it early.

Gawzz

12-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro ambition View Post
can't cancel defensive ball curl? Are you serious? Why!? You already took someone who only tanks and took their only real cc spell and cut the duration by about 30%. Why in gods name do you feel the need to make it so he can't powerball when he feels like it? If i can't cancel dbc then i'm just going to stand their feeling like an idiot.
go bak 2 mexko seekneeor

Socratocracy

Gameplay Analyst

12-12-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Using Powerball will still bring you out of Defensive Ball Curl.

It is a common misconception that cancelling W would cause the ability to go on cooldown faster, when in fact the cooldown was the same in the background regardless of whether or not you left DBC early.

This change was intended to be a compensation buff to Rammus in turn for us reducing the duration of his taunt. It is a buff in that it reduces human error. I personally played Rammus quite a bit to get up to D1 last season, and in chaotic situations found myself accidentally deactivating W or never activating it in the first place believing I had (Rammus' engagement pattern is to Powerball into the target, taunt them, and then use W+R- W can't be activated while you're casting E). This led to frustrating scenarios where the Rammus player would think they had Ball Curl up when they didn't or vice-versa. Our hope with this is that it will make Rammus feel less frustrating to play as.

Admittedly, there are some cases where you might want to be able to manually deactivate it (trading off a Blue buff, using the increased armor to take down turrets faster but cancelling it if you were going to be auto-attacked), but since you can get out of it by using Q anyway, we believed the upside here to be a net positive for Rammus.

1234511 ... 18