A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raiyn

12-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post

Be on the lookout for the upcoming thread, where we'll have everything up to date. I appreciate all of the voices here - supportive or dissenting - you're all helping us accomplish a better Knifecat for everyone.

Woah woah. Let's be clear here. The only people who get a "better" Knifecat are ADC mains and other people he can instantly kill. They won't die as quickly anymore.

People who play Rengar currently and instant-kill with him aren't getting something better. They're getting something worse. They won't be able to enjoy the Rengar killing-power he once had. It might be a trade for more hp/5, or battle roar damage, whatever. But it will never be the same killing power he once had. That much has been quite clear throughout this thread.

It's "Toxic" for him to jump on you via stealth and gut you at -potentially- the cost of his life.

But it isn't "Toxic" for Teemo's invisible no-counterplay mushrooms to take half health out of anyone and everyone who isn't stacking MR in the Preseason. Right Right..sorry I'm supposed to carry 100g Pink wards and drop them constantly to deal with a 20g mushroom on a short cooldown.

Irony..thy name is Shoom.

---
With that being said I look forward to the Rengar changes. He certainly won't be the same or better at killing imo, but maybe the extra utility from E will be interesting.

AwesomeGuy09

12-11-2013

Why does it look like Rengar is going to get a rework before Gangplank gets one, I mean look, Gangplank
is impossible to play in ranked.

Nickyorany

12-11-2013

I can't wait to see what happens to BTN right now. I've been curious ever since jungle items became gold generating items.
I'm really curious on how the power level of the item will change if it does get a gold generating passive. The last I've heard about it, it sounded really fun and had a lot of cool unique tools to it, it'd be a shame to see it's abilities get toned down just to make room for the gold passive.

Servantofthe99

12-12-2013

if you guys are thinking about taking away power from him, any chance of making him have a short duration stealth as a normal spell and giving something else as an ult?

Radosmoi

12-12-2013

Rengar needs moar mobility, maybe a true escape or gap closer? its stupid when i just jump on someone and they flash away,
i just stare at them go and think if rengar really is the hunter of his lore...

L3onidas

12-12-2013

Yeah...please don't take away his stealth. That just shouldn't even be discussed. Grounds for quitting league. "Lul." If you want a different champion. Make a new one. But don't remake something that already works. Name one person who has played Rengar in competitive tournaments because I didn't see one during any final or tournament match. A lot of people still don't know how to utilize his kit he's very weak and I think hes perfectly balanced at the moment due to his burst potential. You take that away he might as well be someone else. Why don't you fix darius, he needs a real nerf. Bleed passive ftw. This "frustration" people are talking about rengar is the same reason they don't prepare to play against a rengar when they see him in the line up. They don't try/want/think they have to counter play and when he appears and kills you "oh he's OP debuff please." Um no. I won my lane fair and square. Theres just about anyone that outlanes rengar at the moment but if you're a good player you'll know when to burst, when to back, and went to all in for the kill. That's why hes not commonly played in lower tiers. Theres a lot of skill involved. So if Im a fed Rengar that's not because hes OVERPOWERED its because Im good. End of story. Don't change him. Please. Im sure Im not the only Rengar player that feels this way. Thanks for reading.

PS. Logged in just to comment here

TIGERLORD1994

12-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkSypH View Post
Yeah...please don't take away his stealth. That just shouldn't even be discussed. Grounds for quitting league. "Lul." If you want a different champion. Make a new one. But don't remake something that already works. Name one person who has played Rengar in competitive tournaments because I didn't see one during any final or tournament match. A lot of people still don't know how to utilize his kit he's very weak and I think hes perfectly balanced at the moment due to his burst potential. You take that away he might as well be someone else. Why don't you fix darius, he needs a real nerf. Bleed passive ftw. This "frustration" people are talking about rengar is the same reason they don't prepare to play against a rengar when they see him in the line up. They don't try/want/think they have to counter play and when he appears and kills you "oh he's OP debuff please." Um no. I won my lane fair and square. Theres just about anyone that outlanes rengar at the moment but if you're a good player you'll know when to burst, when to back, and went to all in for the kill. That's why hes not commonly played in lower tiers. Theres a lot of skill involved. So if Im a fed Rengar that's not because hes OVERPOWERED its because Im good. End of story. Don't change him. Please. Im sure Im not the only Rengar player that feels this way. Thanks for reading.

PS. Logged in just to comment here
I agree !!! please don't change him ! because if you change rengar !!! he won't be rengar anymore !! I love the old rengar

Noodles man 2

12-13-2013

I main rengar on eu west, i'd tell you that removing his stealth is really terrible i mean that's his bread and butter when he goes for a kill. i'm okay with the bola strike skillshot nerf but how about adding FEAR to his W instead of armor and magic resistance? hope you like it
i'd love to see it on rengar.

Noodles man 2

12-13-2013

Also, why all these MS buffs to rengar, he doesn't need all that, i think that the MS from Thrill of the hunt is enough, i'd like to see something really worthy on BTN like his leap range, something like he gains bonus gold or bonus effects for his ultimate something like... Warwick's E. ( he can detect nearby low enemy champs in a limited range) that's what makes him a hunter as well.
too much MS in my opinion.
I'd love to see rengar more in top lane rather than jungling, hence he can use his OLD thrill of the hunt to roam and gank mid. ( as a top laner)
I really want him to be a match-up for Kh'azix, and i'd love it if you guys keep the stealth because it's really funny some times, I'd use my ult, and just before i hit the enemy i activate Zhoyna. hence the escpaes, i mean he can't escape some times too.

Noodles man 2

12-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlord1994 View Post
i agree !!! Please don't change him ! Because if you change rengar !!! He won't be rengar anymore !! I love the old rengar
yes