A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

12-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Dear Friends (and other internet denizens)

With Preseason out of the way, we totally playtested Rengar today (exactly as described in the OP). For the Quick Breakdown:

12/3/24 - 21/9/0 - Jungle - Bonetooth Necklace (14 Stacks), Mercury Treads, Trinity Force, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Ravenous Hydra.

Firing up the Knifecat Machine and looking to get this off the ground now that i (and not to mention my team) have more bandwidth overall. Been reading over a lot of your concerns - i don't think Brush removal is actually that big a hit to Rengar (totally anecdotal, but haven't seen it impact his performance significantly on Live or Internally), but i do agree that my vision of BTN as a Jungle Item likely needs to be revised with the Preseason Changes.

SO. My Big Question: How would y'all feel about Bounty Hunter on BTN as it's Gold Generation passive?
I like the idea, but think that the jungle items need tuning first.

And maaaaybe perhaps some tier 4 upgrades that give them additional, useful lategame teamfight effects. (things like an Ancient Golem upgrade maybe getting a Talisman/Shurelya's active, or Spirit of the Spectral Wraith upgrading to gain a toggle between universal spellvamp and mana vamp or some delicious additional AP. Not sure what Elder Lizard should get. Not sure what happened to the Bloodrazor rework that Wriggles would upgrade into.)

Nilous7

12-09-2013

Quote:
Dear Friends (and other internet denizens)

With Preseason out of the way, we totally playtested Rengar today (exactly as described in the OP). For the Quick Breakdown:

12/3/24 - 21/9/0 - Jungle - Bonetooth Necklace (14 Stacks), Mercury Treads, Trinity Force, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Ravenous Hydra.

Firing up the Knifecat Machine and looking to get this off the ground now that i (and not to mention my team) have more bandwidth overall. Been reading over a lot of your concerns - i don't think Brush removal is actually that big a hit to Rengar (totally anecdotal, but haven't seen it impact his performance significantly on Live or Internally), but i do agree that my vision of BTN as a Jungle Item likely needs to be revised with the Preseason Changes.

SO. My Big Question: How would y'all feel about Bounty Hunter on BTN as it's Gold Generation passive?
Please! Please DON'T! The bounty hunter passive was proven to not generate enough gold to make it a worthwhile item. And as of right now, the jungle items aren't combat efficient enough for gank-focused champions. Please, make it independent of the jungle items. Or if you are gonna replace with the jungle item, make it have enough gold generation to compete with Ancient Golem.

Makattack X

12-09-2013

Wait what about us who play top lane Rengar and don't need the Jungle gold ????
I am just wondering 0_o

CS3Narutoi

12-09-2013

@toplane Rengars
But Scarizard has stated before that he doesn't want BTN to be a must buy on Rengar. So they are making it more jungle effective to let Rengar players choose what they need for their playstyle!

IonDragonX

12-09-2013

Quote:
Sounds incredibly good. Are you sure that would be balanced?

DeafCatMoan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2013

What about a gold passive like some of the support items?

Stalking your pray, you gain passive gold for being near an enemy champion, or even just passive gold for being near an enemy champion, but unseen(in an unwarded bush)

With a bonus amount of gold for killing someone(maybe only if you've been unseen by that target for X amount of time before you kill them)

Talohmiir

12-09-2013

Quote:

I think it would fit great. I use Spirit of the Elder Lizard for that early game, but don't see it as very good compared to other items late game, as I still build Bonetooth. By giving Bounty Hunter to BTN it would essentially free up one item slot, be great for jungle Rengar, but also give those Stack Perks for both Jungle and Top. However, I think if Top Rengar grabbed it early, you would see him grabbing golems or other jungle monsters to make it gold efficient, which would put a dent in the jungler income (which was something they were trying to change before). What if as a secondary passive, that gives 1 or 2 gp for last hitting a minion or monster. This would help both Top and Jungle, as Top could gain a little bit extra and not have to steal jungle monsters, and would help jungle Rengar if he were holding a lane for a recalled champ, or when he was split-pushing. Just a thought.

P.S. I knew you'd be back on here to update us loyal Rengar fans. Thanks for doing it so soon.

Nanzer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2013

I absolutely hate the Ult rework. Both in the perspective of playing or playing against Rengar

Zalfier

12-09-2013

Playing with Rengar on Live, the Bounty Hunter Passive seems really underwhelming compared to what you get from Conservation, which is I assume why it's being changed. However, it is thematically appropriate on Rengar. Also, since BTN would be picked up around the same time as you would get spirit stone... I could easily see the extra time you get with the passive making up for it being "worse".

Plus, since it triggers off kills and assists it doesn't seem unreasonable on lane Rengar, and it lets you walk out of top to clear Wight/Golems quicker and for a bit of extra gold.

Talohmiir

12-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalfi View Post
Plus, since it triggers off kills and assists it doesn't seem unreasonable on lane Rengar, and it lets you walk out of top to clear Wight/Golems quicker and for a bit of extra gold.
I agree with most of your statement, but this part. If I was top Rengar I would take wight/golems, but that was an issue for junglers before with their lanes coming in and stealing some of their monsters after a lane was pushed to make them richer, yet causing their jungler to be poorer. This is overall a bad thing for the jungler, especially since they've worked so hard to change it. See my post on the last page about possibly giving 1-2gp when last hitting a minion or monster, as I think it would help Top stay in lane and not take jungle monsters, but at the same time help jungle Rengar get a little more since the Bounty Hunter in it's current iteration doesn't give enough income to compete with laners.