Lag/freeze on deaths?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViR Hereford

12-05-2013

+1
this also happens a lot to me. I'm using a Macbook Pro 15inch early2011 running OSX 10.8.5
I can't cast any spell before dying because of this issue

crosscounter1234

12-07-2013

This problem is really a huge detriment to gameplay.

RIOT PLEASE FIX. <3

Musician14

12-08-2013

Ok, its nice to know that its not just me. It happens to me every game for my first death. Now its worse because before it used to freeze, now I get this big bright yellow screen that almost blinds me, any help? thanks in advance

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

12-09-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Can someone let me know if they still see this bug on the PBE? We have a potential fix pending.

Shiny Fever

12-09-2013

Has nothing todo with MAC but I know a lot of people which experience a green flickering screensquare for a second after death. It's on live, wanna fix it?

Endless Dreams

12-09-2013

I've had this problem for a few weeks now. I'm not on the Mac Client either, but almost every time I die or am about to die there's a big lag spike for about a second before and after. I almost never get to see my actual death, which kind of irks me when I think I could have gotten away or popped a Zhonyas.

Adaptation Hime

12-09-2013

i actually haven't seen it in a little while

Mike4Real

12-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
Can someone let me know if they still see this bug on the PBE? We have a potential fix pending.
Now that I know for sure that the potential fix is out on PBE I'll go test it out. Will report back in a bit.

Mike4Real

12-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
Alright, so I just played 2 custom games on PBE and I can confirm that this glitch is still happening, just to a lesser extent.

I am running a Mid 2010 White Unibody Macbook with 10.6.8. I have 4GB 1067MHz DDR3 RAM, with an NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card. My processor is a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.
Restarted my computer
Game 1:
Took me 1:58 to load
Got into the game with 00:04 on the clock
Poor FPS (under 10) until the 00:25 second mark
Let Soraka Bot kill me, on the first kill she got, I froze momentarily for about 1 second right as her last needed auto hit me. This is less bad then it is on live but its still clearly prevalent.
Let her kill me a second and third time, no freezing occured.
Clicked exit game
Retured to client as expected but the game tried to tell me that "League of Legends quit unexpectedly" even though it didn't (unrelated issue)

Game 2:
Took me 1:11 to load
Got into the game with 00:03 on the clock
Acceptable FPS from 00:03 onward (over 20)
Let Soraka Bot kill me, again on the first kill she got, I froze momentarily for about 1 second. Less annoying than it is right now on live but its still happening.
Let her kill me a second and third time, no freezing occured
Clicked exit game
Closed Client

I think the load time differences have to do with me restarting my computer, for some reason the first game I play on a fresh reboot always loads slower than normal. Second game on a reboot is usually the peak of my performance. Well, you guys definitely did something to affect it because its less ****ty than it is on live although its still there.

Game 1 and Game 2

Attached Files
File Type: txt 2013-12-10T18-18-01_r3dlog.txt (37.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: txt 2013-12-10T18-28-09_r3dlog.txt (34.5 KB, 12 views)

Mike4Real

12-10-2013

Just played the new Showdown mode, the problem happens there as well. Its probably the most frustrating in this mode.