Crash After Game End Megathread!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZachZims

11-25-2013

This is a known bug and I've seen people post random comments about it throughout the Forum so I will make a thread for this so everyone can compile info to better help Riot.

First of all, helping Riot fix a bug is difficult but what certainly doesn't help is "This is the problem, now fix Riot pls". You need to tell them the steps of how it happened!

I get the bug 90% of the games I play. This is how I get it:

Open LoL client from dock > enter normal 5's game > win/lose game > Right as the nexus is destroyed it takes at LEAST 10 seconds before the Victory or Defeat appears > after it appears (finally) I click continue > Cue black screen for about 30-60 seconds > Black screen disapears and I'm taken back to the client (sometimes not taken back to the client, I have to bring it up from dock again) > I get an error "Connection to PvP server is lost" > Clicking "OK" to this closes the client.

Side note: Sometimes it freezes the game, and I go into Force Quit and it says USER KERNEL is not responding. This might help big time, since it isn't the client itself, but the Kernel.

If anyone wants to help add more information to this then by all means do so. But what Riot doesn't need is more "WTF OMG BBQ" posts.

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that LoL seems to take up a **** ton of internet usage after patch. Running Chrome and having a youtube playlist play while I'm in a match results in packet loss a lot of the time.

Brantley

11-26-2013

Same problem here. However, I don't go to YouTube or anything. YouTube seems to eat up resources all the time, not just post-patch. It would seem that ANY program open affects/reproduces the bug. I usually don't have more than a Chrome with two game-related tabs open (LoLking, etc).

MasterOfTheOrder

11-26-2013

Happens every game for me. After it's over, regardless of the outcome, I click continue and it freezes for about 20 secs. Then I get the whole "league of legends unexpectedly closed" popup, even though it is still open and working. Really annoying, but not game breaking.

Dirtier

12-08-2013

This happens to me after every game as well. Sometimes I get the 'LoL has unexpectedly closed' error or w/e and sometimes I don't, but what I do get every single time is a black screen after the Victory/Defeat pops up and I click continue. When this happens I can still hear the after game chatter going on, but can't see anything. I sent in a support ticket containing the additional info from one of those crash/error messages I got and when the tech guy responded he asked for all kinds of information that I don't even know how to find.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you have had any success with the repair feature yet? Or even tried it?

Also, did anyone else notice this problem just come up with the release of the last patch? Because this never happened to me before I updated to that.

Edit: Btw, I'm using a brand new MacBook Pro with iOS Mavericks

Mike4Real

12-08-2013

I'm using Snow Leopard and this bug has only been happening since this patch.

Are you guys playing in full screen? I play in windowed mode so I'm able to do a sort of 'fix' if you can even call it that. After the victory/defeat screen, since I am in windowed, I can look at my Dock and see the LoL Client application on there as a black box. After I click continue, I click on the black box and the post game lobby will come up reasonably quicker than it would if I just waited. The game will still tell me however that it has crashed or bugsplatted or etc. however even though, it has not.

Pretty annoying, I think they know about it, although I'm not sure. Hopefully they get it fixed. I wonder if its fixed on PBE, maybe ill try out that client a bit later.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

12-09-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Can someone who experiences this bug frequently let me know if they see it on the PBE?
Additionally, when you crash you should get an Error report where you can select More Details...
Can you copy the report and paste it here?

Gnarlex

12-09-2013

I would but i dont have any access to the PBE...

Megaman89

12-10-2013

I also get this error, I am using Mavericks though, Next time i play i will snag the bug report and post it.

arkhammer

12-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
Can someone who experiences this bug frequently let me know if they see it on the PBE?
Additionally, when you crash you should get an Error report where you can select More Details...
I'd be happy to, if you can supply access to the PBE. I experience this crash after nearly every match (~8 of 10 easily).

Venom2053

12-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
I've attached the report. It started appearing after 3.14 patch. Happens in all queues. For me the game crashes sooner than most people have described (right after continue is pressed). I have also been experiencing a lot of lag spikes since the patch.

Attached Files
File Type: txt report.txt (80.1 KB, 88 views)