Air client "Unexpected platform error"

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PixarFan

12-09-2013

I get this randomly when I click my summoner profile button after I log in. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't. But it's consistent that I get it at least once a day.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

12-09-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Can you post a screenshot of this error? Is it a Mac error message or does it pop-up in the client?

x Solar Eclipse

12-09-2013

for me it happens in the client...very odd...happens 3-4 times a day

CommandShockwave

12-09-2013

Actually I've been getting this for a while as well. Probably since 3.14.

A couple things:

1) Never seen it happen while in queue or during champion select (that I can remember)

2) Nothing specific seems to trigger it

3) Has even popped up while the client is minimized/not in focus.

4) No information is given on why it appeared, and nothing seems to change/close/crash afterward.

I'm using the PC client.

PapaJacky

12-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
Can you post a screenshot of this error? Is it a Mac error message or does it pop-up in the client?
It was frequently happening to me in the last week the first time I look at someone else's profile, but I can't seem to repro it anymore. It appears in-client though, with the blue box and all.

toticky

12-09-2013

it doesnt effect anything at all i saw this thread so for me to reproduce it all i did was press my profile till it came up
this is on pc i saw this thread from the dev tracker thing

Attached Images
File Type: jpg unexspected platform error.jpg (481.1 KB, 1835 views)

Gurgles16

12-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
This has happened to me tonight also. Clicked the home button. And it said "Unexpected Platform Error".

Old Saint Fist

12-12-2013

I just got this error message at about 1:30 AM on 12/12, now it's keeping me from logging in 24 hours later. I'll log in, it'll tell me the login was successful, then during the authenticating window, as it changes to the logging in mini-window, I get the error and I'm stuck on the logging in window. After I clear the error it just says Logging in... I left it open for about 5 minutes to see if it would work and it just sits at this screen.

Yip Yip Appa

12-12-2013

Ya this is happening to me a lot too. It doesn't seem to affect anything but it makes me paranoid.

khoalaballa

12-12-2013

it's 1:52am and I keep getting the "unexpected platform error" while logging on, I've tried about 3 times so far and it's not letting me log on.

12345 ... 8