Sexist/Sexual Harassment Reporting Option

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hextech Fizz

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Vert View Post
I'm going to chime in here because I had to delete a few offensive comments.

We all have a responsibility to each other as human beings, not just as video game players. Regardless of how the supposed behavior of video game players have been since the 1990s, we each have the personal choice to decide how we behave now.

You do what you want, but my recommendation is to treat others the same way you would want to be treated, regardless of gender.

so if im a fish/boy/thing, and wish ti be trated as such, should i run around throwing fish at others?

~Fizz

Maou

12-07-2013

You ****ers need to study or something. God damn.

TigersAreYellow

12-07-2013

Quote:

We all have a responsibility to each other as human beings, not just as video game players. Regardless of how the supposed behavior of video game players have been since the 1990s, we each have the personal choice to decide how we behave now.

You do what you want, but my recommendation is to treat others the same way you would want to be treated, regardless of gender.
While that is very true, not everyone can be polite and nice to others as the world would like them to be.
That's why my friend, who had her real name as her summoner name and was often hit on, changed her name to something more discreet. She realized that it was HER fault for letting people know her gender. In a perfect world, yes, there should be NO discrimination. But if you're going to make your gender obvious to everyone, and you're a girl, you kind of have to expect that people are going to call you out on it.

Hendstron

12-07-2013

Why one person can not put a gender name on the nick name? why the person who insults is not wrong?
damnit gd

Parametric

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veinne View Post
You ****ers need to study or something. God damn.
Finals start monday, and like most engineering students i'm godlike at procrastinating.

Dokusei

12-07-2013

Welcome to league of legends, You got all kinds of nonsense to choose from as long as you let it get to you.

Harassment verbal abuse is just the same as sexist/sexual harassment things.

either be a soft ass and let it get to you, or just report and move on.

Rachel

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
The problem shouldn't exist but the thing is that you can't fix stupid (stupid people on the internet in this case) but you can mitigate it (completely fix it in this case) through things you have direct control over. If you started this thread trying to change the perspective of others on gender equality in an online video game where everyone is completely anonymous (GL HF with that ****) then most intelligent people would agree with you. Right now this thread sounds like you complaining over things that you can completely fix yourself but you don't want to because you have to have your name for some reason.

What's the reason that you need to have your real name as your screen name? If the answer is "I should be able to pick whatever name I want and not deal with bull****" then in a perfect world you are bang on correct. However we live on earth, with other human beings and you're on the internet.

If you have some amazing reason to be throwing your gender out there with your screen name then I hope you don't take the words of morons seriously. If you don't have the amazing reason then you're kinda dumb for complaining about things you have the power to completely fix as long as you realize the world isn't perfect.
I'm not the OP btw.

I'm not complaining about things I can fix myself, unless implying I should change my name to avoid harassment. Which I'm not going to do, even if I had the funds to do so!
Having a real life name as a username in a game played by millions of people is simply cool it's unique to me. Has 0 to do with gender. If I was a dude I'd do the same thing.

Nerf Ao Shin

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Kitsune View Post
I can't count how many times people have sexually harassed me or have been sexist against me because I'm a girl while in game.

I have two girls in my clan, played more than 50 games with each of them, and never once seen this.

Why? People just assume theyre guys. They dont call attention to their gender. Its not hard.

Janna Bot

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Ao Shin View Post
I have two girls in my clan, played more than 50 games with each of them, and never once seen this.

Why? People just assume theyre guys. They dont call attention to their gender. Its not
hard.

/thread

Agaranlol

12-07-2013

Quote:

wow another generic piece of riot advice so your company image can look good, Wp riot. instead of spewing advice thats constantly thrown around how about you give some advice that is original. ib4 people that are desperate for some riot employee to recognize them downvotes me.