Sexist/Sexual Harassment Reporting Option

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rachel

Senior Member

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoysATimeBomb View Post
Okay, you are a complete and utter ****ing moron. Wow...
Racism implies oppression.
Discrimination does not.

Idk why white people always get mad about racism not applying to them. There's still a word for it. And that is "discrimination"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Butthole Banzai

Junior Member

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post

You cannot be racist towards white people. You can discriminate. But racism=/=simply discrimination.

Officially retarded. Nothing to see here. Everyone go home.

P.S. Everyone gets **** on online. Them knowing your gender only makes their insults that much more specific. Grow a thick skin, it's a harsh world out there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Janna Bot

Senior Member

12-07-2013

Having a name that directly links you to being female is going to be a reason that someone will probably at some point harass you. But never fear, if your name doesn't directly link to you a specific gender, they'll find something else to harass you about. Honestly, I hate it when girls ***** about this kind of thing. "Oh no, I have an obviously feminine IGN and went 0/7 in lane and now everyone's picking on me and telling me its because i'm a girl this is harassment rito pls do something."

People will find something to pick at about you on the internet no matter what you say/do. If I play normals with silver/bronze friends and we don't win, there's always that one ****** who makes the "who'd you pay" comment.

Guess what? I'm female. I don't get harassed for it. You know why? Because I don't make a ****ing deal of it. If you're really so sensitive that you can't handle people being *******s in a game, you probably should quit this game. And the internet in general, come to think of it.

But seriously, just report them. Mute them in game once they start making comments and report them under harassment in the after game lobby. It's not that hard. Don't play the pity card when you do nothing to stop it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1494f3069beb3f0cd3794

Senior Member

12-07-2013

Unless u act like a spoiled ***** you probably wont be harassed, at least not more than any other player. Some time ago i made a smurf acc with a clearly female name and people were actually nicer to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kage Ouji

Senior Member

12-07-2013

There is a mute option in game. Why come to forums to announce this? I think you basically just gave more guys on GD a reason to add you and harass you. Well done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saximum

Senior Member

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I don't "act" like the stereotypical female player. Or the thing you might think of when "girl gamer" comes to mind.

I want to be treated differently based on my merits and flaws. Not on my gender.
They do get treated well. In the way that they are treated as equals.

So you don't like being insulted just for answering a question about your identity? Very interesting...will write that down...
So act like a human rather than a girl or a guy. I don't remember the last time I got called a skank because I missed smite on Baron.
Also you're mistaking equal treatment for fair treatment. You're saying you'd want to be treated like the majority and get called a fat 40 year old virgin rather than being called a sIut.
I don't give a fukc about being insulted because of my nationality/ethnicity, but you're saying we get treated well which is bull****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Vert

Product Manager

12-07-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I'm going to chime in here because I had to delete a few offensive comments.

We all have a responsibility to each other as human beings, not just as video game players. Regardless of how the supposed behavior of video game players have been since the 1990s, we each have the personal choice to decide how we behave now.

You do what you want, but my recommendation is to treat others the same way you would want to be treated, regardless of gender.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rachel

Senior Member

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer napkins View Post
Having a name that directly links you to being female is going to be a reason that someone will probably at some point harass you. But never fear, if your name doesn't directly link to you a specific gender, they'll find something else to harass you about. Honestly, I hate it when girls ***** about this kind of thing. "Oh no, I have an obviously feminine IGN and went 0/7 in lane and now everyone's picking on me and telling me its because i'm a girl this is harassment rito pls do something."

People will find something to pick at about you on the internet no matter what you say/do. If I play normals with silver/bronze friends and we don't win, there's always that one ****** who makes the "who'd you pay" comment.

Guess what? I'm female. I don't get harassed for it. You know why? Because I don't make a ****ing deal of it. If you're really so sensitive that you can't handle people being *******s in a game, you probably should quit this game. And the internet in general, come to think of it.

But seriously, just report them. Mute them in game once they start making comments and report them under harassment in the after game lobby. It's not that hard. Don't play the pity card when you do nothing to stop it.
No one is saying they're being attacked based on a flaw (i.e. feeding, doing poorly) so you miss the point entirely.

But go on with your "hey guys i can be misogynistic too oh god please accept me" rant lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parametric

Senior Member

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I changed my name from gender neutral (internet swag) to this.
I'm not changing it. Shouldn't have to.
This isn't my first rodeo son. And yes I do report those who verbal abuse me (or my teammates, or the other team).
Knowing what to do in the situation isn't really the problem. It's just the fact that the situation exists.
The problem shouldn't exist but the thing is that you can't fix stupid (stupid people on the internet in this case) but you can mitigate it (completely fix it in this case) through things you have direct control over. If you started this thread trying to change the perspective of others on gender equality in an online video game where everyone is completely anonymous (GL HF with that ****) then most intelligent people would agree with you. Right now this thread sounds like you complaining over things that you can completely fix yourself but you don't want to because you have to have your name for some reason.

What's the reason that you need to have your real name as your screen name? If the answer is "I should be able to pick whatever name I want and not deal with bull****" then in a perfect world you are bang on correct. However we live on earth, with other human beings and you're on the internet.

If you have some amazing reason to be throwing your gender out there with your screen name then I hope you don't take the words of morons seriously. If you don't have the amazing reason then you're kinda dumb for complaining about things you have the power to completely fix as long as you realize the world isn't perfect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBoysATimeBomb

Senior Member

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Racism implies oppression.
Discrimination does not.

Idk why white people always get mad about racism not applying to them. There's still a word for it. And that is "discrimination"
White people cannot be oppressed? Well everyone here can pretty much ignore your opinion from here on out and move on. lol you are so ignorant.