@Morello, @Hephastopheles, @Phreak Talon QoL Change needed

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooseville

12-07-2013

Hello to anyone who took precious time out of their day to read my input on my favorite champion.

Currently, Talon's Q: Noxian Diplomacy deals 30/60/90/120/150(+ 30% Bonus AD)additional damage, followed by 10/20/30/40/50(+ 100% Bonus AD) over 6 seconds, Talon is given vision of the target for the duration.

My issue with this is that the cooldown for Noxian Diplomacy is 4 seconds at rank 5 with zero cooldown reduction. If you're constantly using the ability on the same target, you're potentially losing 1/3 of the power offered to you.

A proposed fix to this issue is to have the damage and reveal portions of the ability separated in a fashion similar to the Nidalee trap. The damage could then be condensed to deal the same amount over 2 seconds while still revealing for the current duration. With a 2 second duration, the damage would have a 100% chance to complete itself no matter how much CDR you get. This would also offer better synergy with his E ability: Cutthroat, as it has a higher chance to deal it's full damage while still amplified.

If there did need to be some tradeoff for potentially dealing higher damage, the duration of the vision could be reduced to 4 seconds. However, I don't necessarily see this as necessary, but regardless it's still an option.

Once again, thanks for taking time to read. Please leave any positive or negative input that you may have. I'd hope to have a Riot member give some sort of input as well.

Mooseville

12-07-2013

bump

Mooseville

12-07-2013

bump again

HornyMushrooms

12-07-2013

Just revert his ratios. You have to build dmg to do dmg, well riot nerfed both of that portion.

NineTales9

12-07-2013

talon Q vision is actually only the blood trail the targets leave behind. also you are not losing any damage by spamming Q, it refreshes and it's way better using Q on the same target over and over again because the initial damage is bigger anyway. also doesn't every squishy die to Talon in a E+Q+W+R combo?

Mooseville

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales9 View Post
talon Q vision is actually only the blood trail the targets leave behind. also you are not losing any damage by spamming Q, it refreshes and it's way better using Q on the same target over and over again because the initial damage is bigger anyway. also doesn't every squishy die to Talon in a E+Q+W+R combo?
It grants vision of the target provided they aren't stealthed. But that isn't important, my entire point is that one third of the skill's damage is potentially lost. If you don't count Fizz, Darius, Gangplank, Teemo, and Twitch: each of whom have a DoT tied to every single AA, Talon and Cassiopeia are the only champs who have a DoT which has a duration longer than the cooldown. I wont veer off course and go into details about Cass, that's another discussion.

I feel like my solution makes sense because it isn't adding or taking away anything, its just allowing Talon to have better access to his full damage. Instead of having the damage stretched over 6 seconds, just have it tick every half second for 2 seconds.

Hendstron

12-07-2013

bump

doublelift fg

12-07-2013

agree

OneDragonArmy

12-07-2013

I always wondered why the DoT was so negligible. Why is the duration longer than the cooldown if it just makes the damage outstripped by health regen or pots early game?

Mooseville

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDragonArmy View Post
I always wondered why the DoT was so negligible. Why is the duration longer than the cooldown if it just makes the damage outstripped by health regen or pots early game?
Its not necessarily that I'm asking for the DoT to be condensed to be more noticeable, That would just be an added plus

Also Bump

1234511 ... 25