Is there any point in playing Diana anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemonicAuror

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Currently item builds are a little restricted. In theory, you should be able to build something like Zephyr on a marksman and not be a burden to your team. But at the moment it doesn't really work that way.

I'd like Riot to attempt to free up some strategic space so champions could build for more than one role. Like a marksman being able to go Hurricane/Zephyr rapidfire AoE, rather than single target crit.

Then let someone else, like Diana, handle the single target tons of DPS.

Not everyone needs to be able to do that, but probably more than can currently. Diana for carry.
Yup agreed things would be nice if they were more interchangeable

Vintage91

12-06-2013

Up

Vempyre

12-06-2013

I think Diana is best in Jungle as of s4, she does swell.

Wish you could still R over Dragon and Baron though.

BwDaSani

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I really disagree on both those counts.

Elise is good, obviously. But she doesn't really start fights. She can start pick offs, but she doesn't perform the same role as Diana with the R-E combo (which is also easier to land, a valuable trait in its own). Elise is good because her early ganks are so potent, less so because of her team fighting (the opposite of Diana).

Gragas definitely has some similarities as well, but you also have to be mindful that Diana has much better synergy with champions like Rumble, Zyra, and Sona. While Gragas initiates by splitting up the enemy team, Diana initiates by pulling them together. Maybe teams don't want that right now, but saying "Everything she does, Gragas does better" is also incorrect.
I know some people can land q mid air or r, but that's a pretty hard mechanics to do, therefore, if dianna start the teamfight with R-E combo she can be easily kited. I feel like the pros won't get hit by q that easily so after the R-E combo she just became not as good.
On the other hand, ori with a ball carrier can do the job so much better than dianna, and still does tones of damage while staying back. She also has a shield for her to stay alive.

Diamandis

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwDaSani View Post
I know some people can land q mid air or r, but that's a pretty hard mechanics to do, therefore, if dianna start the teamfight with R-E combo she can be easily kited. I feel like the pros won't get hit by q that easily so after the R-E combo she just became not as good.
On the other hand, ori with a ball carrier can do the job so much better than dianna, and still does tones of damage while staying back. She also has a shield for her to stay alive.

I have no idea why Phreak even considered that, doing R > E into 5 people is dumb as your ults gonna be on CD so you're gonna be a sitting duck. Ori/Liss can lockdown a whole team and dish out more damage lol.

Neo Cyrus

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwDaSani View Post
The midair Q is next to impossible and I'm almost certain it requires smart cast. I watched the video explaining it and I've tried to do it many times over in custom games, never been able to do it with or without smart cast. There is a reason you'll never see it in a pro game, not only is it next to impossible, but it's way too risky to even attempt it. Miss it and you're dead.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-07-2013
18 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrez Knivez View Post
I like to play diana top as a tanky ap mage thingy.
New term for top-lane Diana confirmed.

Elewd

12-07-2013

You know im fine with diana being good and all, my only problem i had with her is whenever i laned with her she would rush a negatron cloak and would flat out 100-0 me as soon as she hit 6 even if she only had 20 ap, it was really annoying. i would rather riot be careful with balancing her because if she is gonna be tanky she can't be doing that like she was before.

just my 2cents tho.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I've heard rumors of Skarner being played top using the same term

Hellioning

12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Do you ever think you're going to go back to designing new champions, parrot, or are you on the relaunch team for life?