If Riot Is So Intent On Wanking Their "Invisible Power" Bull****

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Broken Dong

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
So, I know you're being serious here, so I'll give you a serious response.

In 3.13, you spent 125 gold for somewhere between 0 and 3 minutes of "I can see Evelynn if she moves through here."

In 3.14, you spend 100 gold for somewhere between 0 and infinity of "I can see Evelynn if she moves through here."

Secondarily, you get about 5 seconds to push her away from that pink ward that she tried to kill (assuming she finds it), which sometimes also comes into play (sometimes doesn't).

Judging by the fact that Evelynn isn't a first-pick-or-ban jungler in competitive play, and her win rate not really going anywhere on the live servers, these numbers tend to pan out.
Phreak there has to be a solution for solo queue though.

You have to spend money on evelynn for her to clear your ward and apply incredible pressure by just existing. Carrying solo queue with her against you punishes any sort of aggressive play, which makes it incredibly harder to carry.

Evelynn isn't the problem vision is, but the problem isn't really her kit it's the pressure she provides. The question "Is evelynn here?" can't really be answered for the first few minutes of the game unless you ward deep the way they do in competitive.

Yfrappefort

12-06-2013

Quote:

In 3.13, you spent 125 gold for somewhere between 0 and 3 minutes of "I can see Evelynn if she moves through here."

In 3.14, you spend 100 gold for somewhere between 0 and infinity of "I can see Evelynn if she moves through here."

Secondarily, you get about 5 seconds to push her away from that pink ward that she tried to kill (assuming she finds it), which sometimes also comes into play (sometimes doesn't).

Judging by the fact that Evelynn isn't a first-pick-or-ban jungler in competitive play, and her win rate not really going anywhere on the live servers, these numbers tend to pan out.
So the fact that her ban rate skyrocketed in normal play since preseason means nothing then? Second most banned champion atm (above 60% and it keeps going up). It either means that :

A) She is too strong after the vision changes, hence why people started banning her a lot.
B) People don't feel like adjusting their playstyle to deal with Evelynn.

If it's A, then she would need nerfs. If it's B, then you have to wonder why people suddenly don't want to fight against her (this problem was not here before).

Your toughts Phreak?

OneDragonArmy

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleCrewser View Post
Am I the only one who noticed a challenger badge under Phreaks name? Or am i just the only one who didnt know phreak hit challenger?
It's in 3's.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2013

Quote:
Yup. Sunfire Cape on Rengar is bull****. I think we're going to make that item "max 0 per player."
Phreak have you been drinking again?

BattleCrewser

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDragonArmy View Post
It's in 3's.
ohhhhhhhh

Phreak

Shoutcaster

12-06-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjuine View Post
I don't really have an opinion on Eve's state of balance, but you are trying to use a numerical argument to compare things that have enormous differences outside of straight numbers.
Fair to call that out. Thanks for the correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCzar View Post
Ok seems like a fair answer. So from the numbers you have access to, her placement overall hasn't moved dramatically one way or another since 3.14?
Correct. Evelynn has shifted less than 1% before/after 3.14

I realize that perception has shifted and players believe that Evelynn is much harder to deal with. However, the facts in front of me do not support that she is meaningfully different. She is seen sometimes in competitive, and against certain teams is a must-ban (Hello, Gambit!) She is performing exactly as well as she did a few weeks ago on the live servers.

Urdnot Entar

12-06-2013

Quote:

In 3.14, you spend 100 gold for somewhere between 0 and when she kills your pink ward of "I can see Evelynn if she moves through here."

Secondarily, you get about 5 seconds to push her away from that pink ward that she tried to kill (assuming she finds it, which she probably will since it's visible or in an obvious bush), which sometimes also comes into play (sometimes doesn't, since there's probably someone else in the lane keeping you from stopping her).

Seems like a few important elements being missed here...?

Nid is Cancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2013

Quote:

But now the pink wards can also be cleared right after they are placed by the laner. You try to defend it? Eve is right outside your range, waiting for you to go and defend it. And then you baited yourself.

Kuru Pichu

12-06-2013

phreak senpai didn't notice me..
Name:  sad_anime_girl_by_vampireknightlovet-d5dhrlv.jpg
Views: 6697
Size:  99.2 KB

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

12-06-2013

Uh, guys, Eve is still visible before she can do anything to you. Methinks most of the people having trouble against Eve now are probably the same people who would have had trouble against her before.