I've accepted Shyv nerfs will happen

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AR Manimal

12-06-2013

I have no problems with Riot hitting Shyvana. I just want to make sure they do it right so we don't get another Olaf.

Rebonack

12-06-2013

Balancing Shy is pretty buggery since she only really has three levers that can be fiddled with. Her damage, her mobility, and her durability. She offers her team nothing else and so if she isn't solid in those aspects then she falls even more flat than she already does once everyone manages to finish building two major items.

Shy's main problem right now is that her base damage is staggering early game and then it drops off a cliff since her scaling is spotty and all over the place. Probably the best rout Riot could take would be to lower her early game power a tad and then turn her dragon form (especially at levels 11 and 16) into a complete monster.

Make the size of her dragon form increase with the rank of her Ult, too. Nasus is bigger than Dragonshy for goodness sake.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

12-06-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

The problem with "just kite" is that she actually doesn't get kited. 1,000 range move block, almost always up movespeed boost, even tends to build things like BotRK, Randuin's, Phage, or even Frozen Mallet to further prevent it.

So she out-duels you, and you don't actually get away from her. That's why she's getting played in all the pro/challenger scenes (I'm literally watching her banned against Quantic right now), wins more often than she loses on the live servers, etc.

zMajin

12-06-2013

Thank god. I mean she's fun and all, but pick/ban/lose doesn't really interest me. I was picking her because I was afraid she was going to be picked against me.

Nularia

12-06-2013

Honestly, I don't mind Shyvana, she's not THAT bad, at least not where I'm playing games.. I'm not sure why everyone makes a huge deal out of her, the only time she becomes 'Hard" to kite, is when she starts getting ALOT of items.

CommandShockwave

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
The problem with "just kite" is that she actually doesn't get kited. 1,000 range move block, almost always up movespeed boost, even tends to build things like BotRK, Randuin's, Phage, or even Frozen Mallet to further prevent it.

So she out-duels you, and you don't actually get away from her. That's why she's getting played in all the pro/challenger scenes (I'm literally watching her banned against Quantic right now), wins more often than she loses on the live servers, etc.
Urgh... I can't find these streams, can you linky? I wanna watch too :|

Level5syndrome

12-06-2013

I remember when people laughed at me for including shyvana in my list of champs who desperately needed nerfs a week ago or 2.

"wut shyvana? what are you bronze?"

8 Bit Legit

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post

Phreak pls you're scaring me with that talk

Mirage Night

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Bagel View Post
damn shyvana mains are annoying
I am a Riven main, and I know a few things about people like you who QQ all the damn time on something like this. I have to agree with OP. if Shyvanna gets hit in any of her 3 aspects she is going down hard. I don't think it right.

Sorioku

12-06-2013

What about Udyr. Who can do almost everything shy does, but better.

12345612 ... 24