Ryze Winrate Really Low

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArcDriveFinish

12-06-2013

He doesn't fit anywhere atm.

He takes way too long to get going toplane and will just get shat on by early game bruisers. And his range is too short in midlane.

TaoistMaster

12-06-2013

Spirit visage is his MR item.

Or if they have a lot of ad for frozen heart.

Full build for me: sorc boots, roa, seraphs, frozen heart/spirit visage, wota, void staff. (I love being at full build with ryze, 1 v 1 anyone)

CrimsonAxests

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Fist Fenix View Post
Ryze has the second worst win rate, next to urgot in first. Cho gath is in the top 5 lowest win rate yes, because no matter how fed he is people will still focus him down and win.
wrong.
Lowest win rates:
1. urgot
2. elise
3. twisted fate
4. vladimir
5. leblanc
6. alistar
7.jayce
8. anivia
9. ryze
all with under 50%

Edit: checked normals stats by accident, though cho isn't in ranked bottom tier either. Lowest ranked win rate with about 40% is master yi

Phreak

Shoutcaster

12-06-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

The interesting thing is, his win rate actually heavily changes based on the skill level of the player. You can check this yourself by clicking the "Bronze" or "Silver" graph, and then clicking the "Diamond" one in ranked solo queue.

The running theory is that his mechanical complexity is actually fairly high. Players have to be able to constantly find and cast on targets with little down time for optimal effectiveness. Tendency to have Smart Cast on is also a big potential reason here.

I think there's also a big chance that as player skill increases, people tend to build him more optimally. While there are a bunch of good caster items out there, the players that know to go Frozen Heart, not Athene's, and Tear/RoA, not Deathcap, are getting more mileage out of him.

So for what it's worth, it seems like he works perfectly fine for players who know how to play him optimally. I think the gap between optimal and sub-optimal play/builds on Ryze is probably higher than most other champions.

JetLiWithBifocal

12-06-2013

I think he's still pretty good, but maybe increase his range slightly.

MP44 Rommel

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
The interesting thing is, his win rate actually heavily changes based on the skill level of the player. You can check this yourself by clicking the "Bronze" or "Silver" graph, and then clicking the "Diamond" one in ranked solo queue.

The running theory is that his mechanical complexity is actually fairly high. Players have to be able to constantly find and cast on targets with little down time for optimal effectiveness. Tendency to have Smart Cast on is also a big potential reason here.

I think there's also a big chance that as player skill increases, people tend to build him more optimally. While there are a bunch of good caster items out there, the players that know to go Frozen Heart, not Athene's, and Tear/RoA, not Deathcap, are getting more mileage out of him.

So for what it's worth, it seems like he works perfectly fine for players who know how to play him optimally. I think the gap between optimal and sub-optimal play/builds on Ryze is probably higher than most other champions.

this just in

mashing smartcast on ryze takes mechanical skill

LOL all you need to know is to use Q first,

Knight Auditor

12-06-2013

The jungle item changes hurt him a fair bit, actually. Losing Spirit of the Spectral Wraith's spell vamp has probably killed the bruiser Ryze that was getting very popular on the Korean scene. That's actually one of the preseason changes that's bugged me the most, since targeting it hit a bunch of niche champions and niche builds.

Screw us for wanting to make viable Spell Vamp builds, I guess. They did compensate a bit by buffing WotA itself, but SotSW still had a better build path and the side benefits in the jungle weren't exactly bad.

ValderiusRex

12-06-2013

Apparently Ryze, the champion with 0 skill shots, miniscule cool downs, limitless mana by virtue of tear, and an optimal attack rotation of "PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS!" is mechanically complex.

I am genuinely suprised by that one, Phreak.

Level5syndrome

12-06-2013

Quote:

I have NEVER seen anyone, not even bronze players, building athene's and/or deathcap on ryze.

medulla00

12-06-2013

Quote:

OMG. I've been building ryze wrongly all this time!!!! D: