"Even though you guys got Wrekt, GG doe"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eliv

Player Support Tech Specialist

12-05-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Opinions incoming!

I still see it as a recognition that there was effort put in. I say Gg whether I win or lose. I always saw it as representing the effort placed into winning even if you lose.

/Opinion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-05-2013

I sometimes says WP, but IMO GG in a 4v5 or stomps just sounds nasty


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaosneobreakage

Senior Member

12-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliv View Post
Opinions incoming!

I still see it as a recognition that there was effort put in. I say Gg whether I win or lose. I always saw it as representing the effort placed into winning even if you lose.

/Opinion
So...Fact. lol J/K


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nid is Cancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-05-2013

Who says "Wrekt"?



Everybody knows it rekt...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaesarFlickerman

Senior Member

12-05-2013

I don't say it at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exvayate

Senior Member

12-05-2013

I've gotten bashed on this forum asking the same thing. ~_~

But yeah GG has lost it's meaning over time. It's just something people say. They don't honestly mean it. It's just tradition that you say it after a game is done whether you win or lose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pee On Me Elmo

Senior Member

12-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaesarFlickerman View Post
I don't say it at all.
Me neither. High five.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yarne

Senior Member

12-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaesarFlickerman View Post
I don't say it at all.
That's because you are usually shoutcasting the games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaesarFlickerman

Senior Member

12-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeerawr View Post
that's because you are usually shoutcasting the games.
ooooo hoooo gg deedee gee. Gee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asraleia

Senior Member

12-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizaac View Post
gg at the end of match = "good game, everyone played their best"
gg while taking inhibs or right before nexus explodes = either "gg we can't win" or "gg you can't win"
gg before 20 minutes = "holy sh*t someone gave a kill this is going to snowball we can't win surrender at 20"
gg followed by insulting comment or boast = "gg for us, this was easy"
I'd argue that gg right before nexus explodes (as in, multiple people hitting it) is the same as the end of the match, since it's such a tiny fraction of the time that someone will ACTUALLY throw it at that point.

Otherwise, I agree completely.