Is there any point in playing Diana anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustachimus

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Attachment 848394

So.. Obviously I'm not a designer, and have no promises or guarantees that things will change, but I've passed this thread onto a Live Designer to see if there are any thoughts on the matter. I think she's in a little bit odd of a place now, living in sort of a nebulous assassin/AP bruiser/sorta-tanky/mage-thing. So, with that in mind, some people might have ideas as to how to make her a bit more viable in one or a couple of those directions, but still keeping her thematically consistent.

One of the things I think Diana achieves from a gameplay standpoint, and I am a TERRIBLE judge of this, is decent themeatics. When I play her I feel like a self-immolating martyr, which I think is appropriate, but it might not have the best result in the actual playing of the game!

Either way, I've thrown this towards Live Design. AGAIN! No idea if they'll have a look, but who knows. I genuinely like playing Diana, I like her pattern, so for me it's not really about having a part in her creation as it is a feeling as a player. Only reason I chime in here is because I do play her a lot, I do sympathize, and I have heard that a couple of people might look into her current state. I normally can't do this with many other champions unless I have an intimate knowledge of them.

Sorry to play favorites! Not my intention, I just happen to be familiar with her

Thank you for letting one of my old favorite champions get a second look I appreciate it

Eyrgos

12-04-2013

IronStylus, well-written post I really appreciate that one!

Are you perhaps interested in passing on similar concerns with Quinn? In addition to her gameplay, also the low-res visual.

I've hosted many Quinn threads & there's still tons of debate/frustrations over much of her playstyle/visuals.

The Ruined King

12-04-2013

Bump. Used to main her. Wish I still could. Her early game is just so weak now though and it's so much harder to jungle with her(I main jungle).

Gorsz

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veinne View Post
She does seem to be in a really weird spot now. I used to play her religiously, then she took a few nerfs and just doesn't seem to fit in as well. She's by no means "bad", she's just not as good.

Of course you played her religiously. She was broken as **** OP.

All high elos do nothing but exploit the games current most OP champions.

Ralik098

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Attachment 848394

So.. Obviously I'm not a designer, and have no promises or guarantees that things will change, but I've passed this thread onto a Live Designer to see if there are any thoughts on the matter. I think she's in a little bit odd of a place now, living in sort of a nebulous assassin/AP bruiser/sorta-tanky/mage-thing. So, with that in mind, some people might have ideas as to how to make her a bit more viable in one or a couple of those directions, but still keeping her thematically consistent.

One of the things I think Diana achieves from a gameplay standpoint, and I am a TERRIBLE judge of this, is decent themeatics. When I play her I feel like a self-immolating martyr, which I think is appropriate, but it might not have the best result in the actual playing of the game!

Either way, I've thrown this towards Live Design. AGAIN! No idea if they'll have a look, but who knows. I genuinely like playing Diana, I like her pattern, so for me it's not really about having a part in her creation as it is a feeling as a player. Only reason I chime in here is because I do play her a lot, I do sympathize, and I have heard that a couple of people might look into her current state. I normally can't do this with many other champions unless I have an intimate knowledge of them.

Sorry to play favorites! Not my intention, I just happen to be familiar with her

You always play favorites though, it is so easy to get information about Diana or Leona from you. But when it comes to other champions getting information about them either takes forever or is just impossible.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-04-2013
2 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
You always play favorites though, it is so easy to get information about Diana or Leona from you. But when it comes to other champions getting information about them either takes forever or is just impossible.
That's just because I'm more active on the forums than most. High visitation = high visibility.

Eskimoƒo

12-04-2013

I WANT MY LULU SKIN PLs

Maou

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsz View Post
Of course you played her religiously. She was broken as **** OP.

All high elos do nothing but exploit the games current most OP champions.
I just...don't even.

Diana was never broken op. She was strong. Strong =/= Broken or OP. I played her because I enjoyed her play style. I was using her LONG after pro players stopped using her. Please don't say silly things that you have no understanding of.

medium katarina

12-04-2013

oh visibility ._. from rito? feels good (hi parrot) hopefully they find something to tweak if not I hope they can come in and explain why not even if its just "she would break the whole game guys". ._.

Milk Blob

12-04-2013

S4 jungle changes have made tanky-brusier jungler Diana quite viable IMO.

Ancient Golem -> Nashors -> Void Staff (can vary depending on team) and you can carry from the jungle in gold/plat from what I've been doing.