Is there any point in playing Diana anymore?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyreeXD

12-03-2013

Here for my bump i will not give up!

Vegas Dad

12-03-2013

Under used still a boss.

jackudawg

12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamandis View Post
It seems one of Riot's best champions has been left in the dust. Overnerfed to all hell and she can't even burst someone to half health at level 6 anymore. It's so sad, she's one of the coolest champions. I don't even see her anymore and when I do she fails miserably because ranged champions do what she does better and bring more utility.

I'm not even trying to say nerf Riven but honestly Riven outshines Diana in almost every way, and is manaless. Please bring back the moon to a viable state. I'm not joking, if you're plat or higher you can't say you haven't seen a Diana do well since her brutal passive and W nerf.

Not to mention she hasn't even gotten a new skin yet. Oh hey Vi, Darius, Zyra, Blitz, Elise, Thresh, Singed oh, and hey... another Riven skin. I guess I'll just wait for my favorite champion to have her new skin next year maybe...

nerfs:

Moonsilver Blade
Damage reduced to 20/25/30/35/40/50/60/70/80/90/105/120/135/155/175/200/225/250 (+0.6 ability power) from 20/25/30/40/50/65/80/95/110/125/140/155/175/195/215/240/265/290 (+0.6 ability power).

Range of the cleave behind Diana reduced.

Crescent Strike
Damage reduced to 70/110/150/190/230 from 80/125/170/215/260.
Base damage reduced to 60/95/130/165/200 from 70/110/150/190/230.
Ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 0.8.

Pale Cascade
Damage per orb reduced to 20/34/48/62/76 from 20/36/52/68/84.
Total damage changed to 66/102/138/174/210 from 60/105/150/195/240.
Shield reduced to 40/55/70/85/100 (+0.3 ability power) from 55/80/105/130/155 (+0.45 ability power).
The second application of the shield now stacks with the first shield instead of replacing it.

Moonfall
Maximum pull distance reduced.

Lunar Rush
Cooldown increased to 25/20/15 seconds from 20/16/12.
Cast range reduced to 825 from 900.

Stats
Base health regen reduced to 7 from 10.

Proposal: Increase Q's base damage, and switch back the passive nerf. It'd give Diana more reason to build Nashor's Tooth and also it's a healthy way to buff her while having counterplay because Q is a skillshot. I can understand why they nerfed W because it's almost always going to get proc'd and has no counterplay, and R is a targetted gapcloser so buffing it would just be unhealthy.

Buff Moonfall's size and slow per rank. The slow could go like this: 40%/45%/50%/55%/60%. And the AoE radius can go like this: 200/275/350/425/500
As a 350 game Diana main, she's still really strong if played correct, but she's lack lustering considering most other assassins have more mobility, more damage, and better scaling. Seeing these buffs would make me cry tears of joy.

leux6

12-03-2013

...-,- when she get a new skin iŽll fear for the nerf will come to her...she is way underused because of the lack of mobility but in the right hands diana is scary as fack.

KyreeXD

12-03-2013

I sure hope Lunar revel Is kind to our mistress of the moon with a kickass new skin and maybe news of what we can look forward to buff wise. (that would be one helluva lunar revel!)

Nightfall

12-04-2013

Bump.

Pray for Lunar Revel skin everyone.

KyreeXD

12-04-2013

Okay riot stop rapeing rammus and fiddle in that brush and take the five seconds to tell us if there is anything we can look forward to about diana! pretty please also bump

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-04-2013
1 of 21 Riot Posts

Name:  Parrot Forum Header.jpg
Views: 13199
Size:  94.3 KB

So.. Obviously I'm not a designer, and have no promises or guarantees that things will change, but I've passed this thread onto a Live Designer to see if there are any thoughts on the matter. I think she's in a little bit odd of a place now, living in sort of a nebulous assassin/AP bruiser/sorta-tanky/mage-thing. So, with that in mind, some people might have ideas as to how to make her a bit more viable in one or a couple of those directions, but still keeping her thematically consistent.

One of the things I think Diana achieves from a gameplay standpoint, and I am a TERRIBLE judge of this, is decent themeatics. When I play her I feel like a self-immolating martyr, which I think is appropriate, but it might not have the best result in the actual playing of the game!

Either way, I've thrown this towards Live Design. AGAIN! No idea if they'll have a look, but who knows. I genuinely like playing Diana, I like her pattern, so for me it's not really about having a part in her creation as it is a feeling as a player. Only reason I chime in here is because I do play her a lot, I do sympathize, and I have heard that a couple of people might look into her current state. I normally can't do this with many other champions unless I have an intimate knowledge of them.

Sorry to play favorites! Not my intention, I just happen to be familiar with her

Maou

12-04-2013

She does seem to be in a really weird spot now. I used to play her religiously, then she took a few nerfs and just doesn't seem to fit in as well. She's by no means "bad", she's just not as good.

Feynt

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Attachment 848394
Only reason I chime in here is because I do play her a lot, I do sympathize, and I have heard that a couple of people might look into her current state. I normally can't do this with many other champions unless I have an intimate knowledge of them.

Sorry to play favorites! Not my intention, I just happen to be familiar with her
Nice to see Rioteers still get involved with champions when the community voices an opinion about the state of said champ. Even if it's only "I've passed it along, hopefully they'll take it to heart." If yours is an example though, it's obvious Karma has no love at Riot headquaters. >\