A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

12-04-2013

Last update was 2 months ago...

@scarizard plz

SUB H3RO

12-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
Last update was 2 months ago...

@scarizard plz
the last update was actually nearly 3 months ago knowing that his last post was the same exact thing as before, except with anger towards my curiosity. I'm sorry but I don't care what anyone thinks, this rework is a very vital upgrade and we need it MUCH more than everyone thinks. Every time I die as Rengar over a .1 cooldown difference or a lack of ult, I feel as though I should blame Riot, this sucks man. I know things pop up and what not, but Riot you should seriously get to know where you are budget-wise before telling people about vital reworks years from launch...

NewDudeOverThere

12-06-2013

Quote:
Thrill of the Hunt *REMADE*
-No longer immediately stealths Rengar
-Now consumes all Ferocity on cast (Each 1 Ferocity consumed this way increases the Duration of Thrill of the Hunt by 1 second)
-Rengar gains Movement Speed, Vision, and Ferocity Generation while in Thrill of the Hunt and his first basic attack will cause him to leap.
-After a brief delay, Rengar may recast Thrill of the Hunt to stealth for a few seconds at the cost of Thrill of the Hunt's bonus speed
-Cooldown decreased
-Movement Speed% increased
-Duration increased
@any red out there

please clarify. so in the rework, you consume your current ferocity to gain extra duration on the first phase of the ult (the one you gain m.s.). you regenerate your ferocity back. after a few seconds, you recast your ult for the second phase (where you gain stealth in exchanged for m.s.). does it also consume your ferocity to extend the stealth duration. if so do you still retain your ferocity generation.

another clarification. when ult is in first phase, you gained the ability to leap even when not in stealthed. After jumpin your ult goes on cooldown right?

a suggestion on the ult icon would it too troublesome if in the first phase his normal eye is shown (the opposite version of the current icon) and when he gets stealthed the icon reverts to the live version. I know you want to do this

UnseenPredator X

12-06-2013

nerf rengar 2013

Talohmiir

12-06-2013

I haven't been on this thread in a long time because I typically follow Dev Tracker, and the few times I've been back I haven't heard much 'new' news. But regarding what I've read lately and seeing Preseason 4 going "playing Rengar all of the time, still, mind you" I have a few things to say.
First, I do not think he is unplayable in the jungle, I also find that the old 21/9 or 9/21 isnít needed like it used to be. I find myself somewhere closer to even, and run some Life Steal quints really helps stay in jungle. I can typically stay there, get some double-buff ganks, and buy Tiamat on my first back. This may not be the way I run everygame, but I can stay in there for some time. I think BTN having a money-perk would be an ok idea, but I think Spirit of the Elder Lizard fits great with him with the Bounty Hunter ability.
Secondly, Iím glad Riot is making money. Yes, itís a bummer that some of the Ďnot-so-popularí champs do not get the same focus as others, but Riot does get around to it in time. If they were not focused on making money, then we would not get new champs, much needed re-works, skins, or even have a game to continue playing. So go on Riot, make that money.
Thirdly, I know everybody is shouting at Scarrizard for some new info, but there is not likely any new info. After preseason came out, there have been some huge changes that impact Rengar players. First and most notably is Pink wards being visable. If someone drops one and an ally knows about it, then they kill it before you ult in. The trinket system is another big one. More wards along river and in bushes adds a new threat to Rengar, but isnít huge if you keep up your mobility. Also, DAT SWEEPER THO!!!! I love this as a Rengar player. Hitting the light switch, relatively speaking, before moving through the area and hiding around terrain is great for unseen ganks. They never see you in their ward but see itís still up and then you show up.
Lastly, however, I would still like an update, even if it was, ďNo new changes yet.Ē I still think Live Rengar is a little too Feast or Famine still. Iím looking forward to the E skillshot, even as Lanegar, since that buffed slow/root will help. Still want to get a feel for the new Q-Train thing. I do think with the preseason changes to Vision will definitely make the new ult iteration a thing because of the topics I covered earlier, but that MS could prove to be great. Not too thrilled on the consuming Ferocity on cast tho, but will have to try before making my opinion completely. Hopefully they will get his rework out on the PBE soon. Iím not on PBE, but even seeing PBE forums on him, or even some videos from PBE players would be great.
Iíd say thatís my 2 scents, but after that wall of text, Iíll instead say thatís my 5 bucks.

SUB H3RO

12-06-2013

Any chance we could multiply Rengar's current leap-range by like x3.0? Or implement it into the new Bonetooth necklace by any chance? Inviso-bushes OP X.X

ScubaDivingPoop

12-07-2013

I think the reason for this long period of silence on the rework is because of how the Preseason derailed the changes. I guess we have to give them time to balance out the preseason before they can put out more information, cause the changes were pretty dramatic. An example is the fact that Tankgar is making a reappearance thanks to the new Defensive tree. And they probably need to incorporate something into rengar for the jungle changes and the new gold income items for his bonetooth.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

12-09-2013
80 of 81 Riot Posts

Dear Friends (and other internet denizens)

With Preseason out of the way, we totally playtested Rengar today (exactly as described in the OP). For the Quick Breakdown:

12/3/24 - 21/9/0 - Jungle - Bonetooth Necklace (14 Stacks), Mercury Treads, Trinity Force, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Ravenous Hydra.

Firing up the Knifecat Machine and looking to get this off the ground now that i (and not to mention my team) have more bandwidth overall. Been reading over a lot of your concerns - i don't think Brush removal is actually that big a hit to Rengar (totally anecdotal, but haven't seen it impact his performance significantly on Live or Internally), but i do agree that my vision of BTN as a Jungle Item likely needs to be revised with the Preseason Changes.

SO. My Big Question: How would y'all feel about Bounty Hunter on BTN as it's Gold Generation passive?

Furry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Dear Friends (and other internet denizens)

With Preseason out of the way, we totally playtested Rengar today (exactly as described in the OP). For the Quick Breakdown:

12/3/24 - 21/9/0 - Jungle - Bonetooth Necklace (14 Stacks), Mercury Treads, Trinity Force, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Ravenous Hydra.

Firing up the Knifecat Machine and looking to get this off the ground now that i (and not to mention my team) have more bandwidth overall. Been reading over a lot of your concerns - i don't think Brush removal is actually that big a hit to Rengar (totally anecdotal, but haven't seen it impact his performance significantly on Live or Internally), but i do agree that my vision of BTN as a Jungle Item likely needs to be revised with the Preseason Changes.

SO. My Big Question: How would y'all feel about Bounty Hunter on BTN as it's Gold Generation passive?
Bounty Hunter really seems like it would be the most thematically fitting and is what I would give it, that or come up with some brand new one since Wriggles passive doesn't make sense on him, you want to be killng people not afk farming, Conservation doesn't really fit either.

Bounty Hunter or coming up with some new gold gen passive just for him seems like the best thing to do. Also, does Bonetooth have the Maim passive or is it only Butcher like what is listed in the first post.

Rastamon Ganja

12-09-2013

@Scarizard

Finally some news on Rengar! How was the new Rengar during playtesting in Pre-season 4 compared to playtesting in season 3?