No offense...but RiotRansom where do you come up with this stuff? Where is the "data"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Von Nicklesnout

12-04-2013

Saying **** like "Urgot's VO is what makes people not want to play him" always makes me question where Riot gets their information from, because I can guarantee 9/10 people will say either because he's appropriately hideous or the fact that his kit is boring/weak.

He used to be one of the best, if not the best bot lane anti-carries/carries, then Riot nerfed him into the ground. Then they took Trundle and make him more "bestial and powerful" instead of adhering to his lore of being a leprous runt.

Not getting rid of the ugly champions my rosy red ass.

OMG halp meh plz

12-04-2013

Oh GOD they're delusional.

Urgot's voice is AWESOME. Its like the only reason to play Urgot right now.

GG though, if Riot thinks his voice is bad according to their "data" (aka made up stats), then they're going to change it regardless of what the forum says.

My sympathies Urgot players and fans, he won't be the same after the rework.

OneDragonArmy

12-04-2013

I think you're all taking it the wrong way. It's not that the VO is bad, more like it literally is grating: it's difficult to hear what he's saying through the filter and it blends together somewhat.

Lavosking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2013

you know who else had an amazing voice over.....nasus

Gurei Fullbuster

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
If you want to talk about problems with VO - Renekton - All he does is talk about killing some nasus guy. Little bit OCD about it and it gets annoying - doesnt stop people from playing him or people making jokes about how annoying it is.
Inb4RenektonBot

Blaine Tog

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phane Sorter View Post
Well, some people like ugly beyond death characters, they aren't for everyone.
Sure sure, and I'm not saying LoL shouldn't have characters like that. Unversable simply made an absolute statement which I happen to disprove. There are people who refuse to play Urgot simply because of how he looks.

If his kit ever happened to get a remake that looked interesting to me, I'd pretty much have to buy Battlecast Urgot to make playing him bearable.

Raiyn

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei Fullbuster View Post
Inb4RenektonBot
LOL I kinda wished he would appear here.

TaranSF

12-04-2013

Nasus 2013, never forget.

Ransom

Creative Designer

12-04-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
- From Reddit Yasuo AMA

Who told you that Urgot's VO is bad? That it makes people not want to play him? I love urgots VO but Im a terrible urgot player, so I don't bother with him. Its dark its sinister, its badass.

Where do you guys get this info pls? From my knowledge of simply browsing these forums and hearing streams, tournaments etc, nobody has a problem with urgots VO... we all have a problem with his lack of viability.

If you want to talk about problems with VO - Renekton - All he does is talk about killing some nasus guy. Little bit OCD about it and it gets annoying - doesnt stop people from playing him or people making jokes about how annoying it is.
Lol. I should have added the word "personally" to that, as in it's my personal opinion that his VO is not appealing to listen to. Apologies to you Urgot fans - as a fan of the game myself, I have my own preferences in terms of characters and I like and dislike!

ColdJr

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Lol. I should have added the word "personally" to that, as in it's my personal opinion that his VO is not appealing to listen to. Apologies to you Urgot fans - as a fan of the game myself, I have my own preferences in terms of characters and I like and dislike!
This makes me wonder how many things riot has changed due to the "personal" opinions of the staff.

I wonder if it's those same personal opinions as the reason why champs like lee sin are always somewhat viable while the quinns and talons of the world get forgotten for long periods of time