Remember that Yordle Jungler Riot said would come out this year?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feynt

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Role wise the character was a fighter with a gameplay hook that proved much more difficult to make satisfying than we'd predicted/hoped. Apologies for the vagueness, we still really like the art/theme for said Yordle though so will almost certainly give it another shot some day.
I remind the distinguished Rioter that we have a Player Concepts forum which is rife with individuals theorycrafting skill combos on characters all over the place. Maybe, just maybe, this character you're having problems with could be made with the cooperation of some of those individuals? You know, working with the community to design a champion from the ground up for them to use. Radical thoughts, I know. >)

ColdMiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2013

Will we see existing void monster VU? (specifically Kog'Maw). I feel he needs some love the adorable little bastard .

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2013

Quote:
Agreed, monsters/less humanoid champs have a lot of potential and we haven't tapped into that much recently. We're looking at a number of creature possibilities for next year right now, at least one of which we haven't previously mentioned that you'll definitely be seeing at some point.
I think the issue is that Riot staff always seem intent on forwarding ideas the staff like instead of the ideas that the community are starving for.

This leads to "human" types being favored the majority of the time - You guys need to draw a flippin' line somewhere and tell yourselves:
"Okay, we need MONSTERS and the stuff of fairy tales. No more humans until we reach X number of those."

EvilTreeSpock

12-04-2013

I personally would like an "evil" or "bad-guy" yordle. Veigar is more Saturday morning cartoon evil than anything else so its hard to count him seriously among the "evil" characters.

tailsmph

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Vert View Post
I love Yordles
not enough, apparently

Inciflahrdus

12-04-2013

Uhh... No one remembers about Amumu? It is Yordle Jungle.
Riot, I think that Amumus VU would be nice to please Yordle fans and get rid of the pizza feet curse...

Renaito Yuujou

12-04-2013

The only solution is to make a jungling yordle luchador that relies on grapples for combat.

VeloxEtVerus

12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTreeSpock View Post
I personally would like an "evil" or "bad-guy" yordle. Veigar is more Saturday morning cartoon evil than anything else so its hard to count him seriously among the "evil" characters.
Thing about this though is that that yordles are meant to be these small comical characters who are awkward and make you laugh. Even though they are not menacing in character have you ever met a Viegar with ridiculous stacks or a teemo with basically a minefield set up in the jungle? That's scary.

Inciflahrdus

12-04-2013

Bump for the Amumus VU...

Xelnath

Systems Designer

12-04-2013
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Agreed, monsters/less humanoid champs have a lot of potential and we haven't tapped into that much recently. We're looking at a number of creature possibilities for next year right now, at least one of which we haven't previously mentioned that you'll definitely be seeing at some point.
Mmmm, crunchy, squishy, chewy. Yordles are all delicious. How have they survived so long??