Thresh can use Relic Shield!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TimmyWimmyWooWoo

12-02-2013

Can you give thresh cho's AD.
Like its hard to last hit with that puny ad.

Maximum Hexerin

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
OMG lol I'm so bad at typing. Sorry everyone!
good thing you have darknesssssssssssssssssssss to escape

Farranor

12-03-2013

Quote:
Tell Morello you need voice-recognition software. If he refuses, the code phrase is "Delta Force."

TomatoTamago

12-03-2013

Quote:
ranged or melee is about the distance.Even without projectile,thresh attack is ranged.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

12-03-2013
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoTamago View Post
ranged or melee is about the distance.Even without projectile,thresh attack is ranged.
To a programmer like me, the functionality is all about whether it has a missile or not. Doing damage on the cast frame is melee, just a long range melee (to me). The code he uses is melee attack code. I think designers agree with you though

NearEDGE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreall View Post
Thresh is a melee champion with high range on his auto-attack. Notice how what he throws never actually leaves his hands? No other champion has that effect.
Thresh is ranged. The range of auto attacks is what determines whether or not they're ranged or melee. Any range above 150 is ranged if I'm not mistaken.

Sophitia

12-03-2013

Quote:
To a programmer like me, the functionality is all about whether it has a missile or not. Doing damage on the cast frame is melee, just a long range melee (to me). The code he uses is melee attack code. I think designers agree with you though
I'm glad there aren't a lot of champions like that, because it's honestly really confusing <<

Thryale

12-03-2013

Quote:
What about kayle? She too deals dmg on attack animation instead of creating a projectile.

Art336

12-04-2013

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. For game functionality and item and balance purposes, he's ranged.

The way his attacks work are more like a long range melee attack than a ranged attack without a projectile, because the timing of the damage does not at all take distance to target into account. So for last hitting timing, he's more melee-like.

As far as the items that work with him? ranged.
So will Hurricane actually start spreading the on hit effect from his E to multiple targets, because as far as I know it does not currently. I'd like for either the melee execute to apply or the ranged spread, whichever Thresh is considered.

Graybusch

12-04-2013

Quote:
Isn't Kayle the same thing? And can you tell us if Kayle support would get the execute while her E is active?