Green/Yellow Colorblind issue

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I am Suck Boy

11-25-2013

in this other thread i touch on the issue: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4068588

but, to reiterate I am green/yellow colorblind. I need the health bar to be blue, or really, any color other than green/yellow. I can see that there is a health bar over my character now, but i can't focus on it when its the same color as so much other stuff. The ugliness/new font entirely aside, I can't spot myself in a team fight very easily because my health bar IS THE SAME COLOR AS THE GROUND AND THE TREES. that isn't to mention skill shots and characters which are often given neutral colors like yellow as well. I have been playing singed and pretending I don't have a health bar because I can't work with this new system, and I can't change anything in the given game options to make it more visible. I have to actually edit the game files to fix this problem, and I'm not sure if thats even legal to do.

I am Suck Boy

11-26-2013

can i please have a solution I haven't't been able to play since these changes. I am dead weight on my team. I just went 0/7 in my best role because i ran out in front of the team repeatedly when i got lost. I am done for until there is a change or a solution. The old way of changing health bar colors no longer works

boourns

UI Designer

12-02-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I poked the team that worked on this feature before the holiday. It's on their radar. It would be helpful if you could be more precise about what healthbar colors you can see well in colorblind/non colorblind mode and what the technical name of your colorblindess is. Green/Yellow is not a standard "type" of colorblindness. You probably have some form of red/green colorblindness, but there are some subtypes that you may have which could help us narrow down where you're having problems. We do have several colorblind people at the office that we use for reference, but it's a pretty personal perception issue.

SteelclawGryphon

12-02-2013

Why not just allow the user to pick the colors of the various health bars regardless of colorblind mode or not? It doesn't seem like it would require a great deal of work to implement, and everyone could pick what works best for them.

ArcticSirius

12-02-2013

Yellow's opposing color is purple, which sits next to blue and red on the color wheel. boourns, maybe try something along that side of the wheel? Just an idea.

Radeachar

12-02-2013

Quote:
and what the technical name of your colorblindess is
Mayhaps it's Protanopia ?

From Wikipedia: "Protanopia is a severe type of color vision deficiency caused by the complete absence of red retinal photoreceptors... all orange-yellow-green shades of too long a wavelength to stimulate the blue receptors appear as a similar yellow hue."

Just throwin things out in case OP doesn't deliver.

Lailu

12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radeachar View Post
Mayhaps it's Protanopia ?

From Wikipedia: "Protanopia is a severe type of color vision deficiency caused by the complete absence of red retinal photoreceptors... all orange-yellow-green shades of too long a wavelength to stimulate the blue receptors appear as a similar yellow hue."

Just throwin things out in case OP doesn't deliver.
I'm red/green colorblind and have done some research on this issue.

From what I understand there are many variations in the spectrum of red/green colorblindness. The main point is any color that has a red or green base color can be off to a colorblind person.

I get browns and greens mixed up, blues and purples mixes up, pink and purple mixed up, orange and red mixed up.

I agree with the original poster that I struggle a little with some of the changes, and locating my player. It's not horrendous but it's not as easy as I would like. The more I have to focus on where my player is the longer my reaction time to the stuff around me..

I'm not sure what the best solution is but allowing users to change the colors manually might be one option, another would be to just find more suitable neutral colors that work for both colorblind and regular players.

BeachSamurai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2013

sry to hear that hope riot fixes the issue up for u.

I would like to vote for player to change their own settings for health bar colors plz.

SaVaG3xTuRt1e

04-19-2014

Why cant there be a setting to pick what color everyon's health bars are.