Riot, it's time to fix noob trap champions (@Morello, @Statikk, @Meddler)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-02-2013
3 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlargCow View Post
feel free to take away shaco's perma slow if you're planning to make his fun abilities better
That's the plan.

Our plan with the ult is AWESOMELY insane. I hope so much that it works. (vaguevaguevague)

mi ramfan

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
<snip>
I was probably a little too harsh in the OP, but I started writing this 10 minutes after reading that Shaco thread that's going around GD right now and the day after trying to play Urgot and Poppy in normal games last night (what a trainwreck that was :/).

I'm just glad to hear something's going to be done eventually.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-02-2013
4 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
...meanwhile AoE stuns are still a thing which can be stacked and whose only real interaction is "Don't fight the enemy team ever"
Doesn't mean there's not problems to fix (btw, I find the "here's one counter example your argument is invalid!" exhausting when I'm talking about direction to move, not state of things now!), but we certainly shouldn't be piling more on?

Yfrappefort

12-02-2013

Quote:
Or we value interaction as opposed to letting people with no interaction poop all over people and calling it "gameplay." Winning at champion select is not the game we want to make.
Yet lots of matchups are still decided at champion select (especially top/mid lane).

Morello

Lead Designer

12-02-2013
5 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi ramfan View Post
I was probably a little too harsh in the OP, but I started writing this 10 minutes after reading that Shaco thread that's going around GD right now and the day after trying to play Urgot and Poppy in normal games last night (what a trainwreck that was :/).

I'm just glad to hear something's going to be done eventually.
It's frustrating to love a champ and know it's on the **** list - I get you on that. I think it's a really fair critique to call us out on our approach on fixing these things.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2013

Quote:
That's the plan.

Our plan with the ult is AWESOMELY insane. I hope so much that it works. (vaguevaguevague)
i dont want to get my hopes up but... clone duplicates abilities?

anyway I hope it turns out as well as the heimer rework

Morello

Lead Designer

12-02-2013
6 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrappefort View Post
Yet lots of matchups are still decided at champion select (especially top/mid lane).
Fighters are particularly indicative of this, while I completely disagree with you on the midlane anaylsis.

Bot has this right now, but most of that is S4 mistuning craziness

Morello

Lead Designer

12-02-2013
7 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlargCow View Post
i dont want to get my hopes up but... clone duplicates abilities?
Better

nightheat

12-02-2013

Quote:
Doesn't mean there's not problems to fix (btw, I find the "here's one counter example your argument is invalid!" exhausting when I'm talking about direction to move, not state of things now!), but we certainly shouldn't be piling more on?
OMG, WHY ARE PEOPLE DOWNVOTING? You ask for a red response and we got one, shaco is finally getting worked on. Stop trying to bury the reds.

They'll stop posting for us D:

Lysithix

12-02-2013

Not to mention that, while Urgot is in a pretty terrible shape. Doublelift managed to use him to great effect at All-Stars, and I hear he has an, albeit small, niche in top lane. Some people are experimenting with Urgot support, which I expect to end terribly. All in all, plenty of the champions you have so stated have been "thrown under the bus." by Riot, are actually fine and are still playable. They just aren't as dominant as they used to be.