A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

namielise

11-28-2013

well preseason is live and we still got nothing on rengar

Jewse

11-28-2013

scarizard please.

NicolasWasTaken

11-28-2013

Does anyone besides me thinks 21-9-0 Rengar is kinda weak right now?

Fishywtf

11-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasC99 View Post
Does anyone besides me thinks 21-9-0 Rengar is kinda weak right now?
In a way it kinda is and in a way it isn't. 21-9 is more late game and 9-21 is more early game now. And yeah Scuba boy I agree, the jungle doesn't seem like a fun place anymore. Especially with the bushes being shaved here and there... now every one can cleanly see the pussycat

namielise

11-30-2013

bump

PlasmaWreck

12-01-2013

I think that the bonetooth necklace should get the new "Bounty Hunter" Unique Passive. This makes the bonetooth necklace a dedicated gold income item and suit Rengar's playstyle! This also helps Lanegar because its gold gain off of Champion kills not Minion kills.
Just think its a good idea, so if you think anything is wrong with it plz let me know. Want to see what someone else says

Maybe adding some more range to Rengar's jump? I kinda feel like te new bushes make rengars jump... Questionable. Im talkin to you top river bush.
Another thing that popped up in my mind. What if rengar got vision to what ever is in his jump range. Just to help alittle.
Please exuse any grammar mistakes!

Ionic Pulse

12-01-2013

Why hasn't there been any news on the rework and no new info or changes he needs the changes now with the pre season

Parapsychology

12-01-2013

Riot only cares about its popular champions; that's where the money is. More popularity = more skin purchases = more money for riot!

Rengar has been released August of 2012 and he has 1 skin. Riot claims they care about it's community, but yet Rengar is nerfed into near uselessness right now and you still think he is toxic?

The reason is he is toxic is because of the inconsistency in the Rengars you see in game. There are never really any "in between" Rengars. There are either feeder Rengars or FED Rengars. This is where the toxicity lies, not in the damage itself but rather the threat potential itself, because players will be use to a Rengar that feeds then the next game they face a compertent Rengar, then Rengar gets fed to all hell.

People then complain because they were unable to deal with the Rengar spike of damage ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT EXPECTING IT. If they expected it from the start, they wouldn't go near the brush or they would have constant pink wards in lane the moment top calls mia.

Riot there is absolutely nothing wrong with Rengar's damage. The problem lies in your current META, where Rengar doesn't fit. He has become one of the highest risk/reward champions in game. Which varies because of enemy comps... If Rengar faces a full cc tanky team, he is screwed basically. IF he faces a low cc team, he can't be stopped usually.

So when riot says they are "fixing Rengar." What they really meant to say is, "we are trying to fix our imbalanced game, but bear with us because we want your money."

Riot.. you are the only toxic one here -_-

arwingflyer98

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapsychology View Post
Riot only cares about its popular champions; that's where the money is. More popularity = more skin purchases = more money for riot!

Rengar has been released August of 2012 and he has 1 skin. Riot claims they care about it's community, but yet Rengar is nerfed into near uselessness right now and you still think he is toxic?

The reason is he is toxic is because of the inconsistency in the Rengars you see in game. There are never really any "in between" Rengars. There are either feeder Rengars or FED Rengars. This is where the toxicity lies, not in the damage itself but rather the threat potential itself, because players will be use to a Rengar that feeds then the next game they face a compertent Rengar, then Rengar gets fed to all hell.

People then complain because they were unable to deal with the Rengar spike of damage ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT EXPECTING IT. If they expected it from the start, they wouldn't go near the brush or they would have constant pink wards in lane the moment top calls mia.

Riot there is absolutely nothing wrong with Rengar's damage. The problem lies in your current META, where Rengar doesn't fit. He has become one of the highest risk/reward champions in game. Which varies because of enemy comps... If Rengar faces a full cc tanky team, he is screwed basically. IF he faces a low cc team, he can't be stopped usually.

So when riot says they are "fixing Rengar." What they really meant to say is, "we are trying to fix our imbalanced game, but bear with us because we want your money."

Riot.. you are the only toxic one here -_-
I only partially agree with this.

1) It is already clear that Riot is a money-making company, so I don't think it's really fair to complain. :/

2) I agree that the unreasonable complaints from players who experienced Rengar's full potential were... well, unreasonable; back when Oracle's was still available, I saw close to NO ONE buying it, or at least a pink ward for a measly 125ish gold. I will admit that I didn't do this often before either, but I guarantee that I never got angry because I knew that the fault was mine.

3) I agree that some new champs do occasionally get more attention than necessary compared to other champs who actually NEED it (Rengar), but again, Riot needs money, so I can't 100% blame them.

Overall, I think that Rengar indeed DOES need a fix, but definetly not a reduction in assassination potential, since near-insta-gibbing ADC's is what a GOOD assassin is kinda supposed to do (Slight dmg reduction in Q, dmg reduction in Emp. Q...).

inplane

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapsychology View Post
*AHEM* AHRI *AHEM*
I mean srsly, imagine Ahri getting a Karma "rework" and being nerfed to uselessness
these forums would be flooded with rage by then