Show Riven's passive in her mana bar

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
ah, interesting suggestion. this was easy to hook up for the purposes of testing, so i can show this to the others on my team and see if anyone has any good reasons not to do this. i certainly can't promise anything, but assuming that it reads well and is better for the game, i'll push to get something on the pbe.

thanks for the thread/suggestion! :3
The problem is showing how they stacks are going to fade. If each stack faded individually you could have the bars slowly drain one by one. You could have each of the three bars draining simultaneously when all three are filled. Dunno how it would look having the bars filling and emptying as she uses spells/waits. Also, showing the bars draining makes it seem like riven is somehow losing power; however, an empowered autoattack in the last millisecond of her passive is just as strong as one at the start.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-28-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
The problem is showing how they stacks are going to fade. If each stack faded individually you could have the bars slowly drain one by one. You could have each of the three bars draining simultaneously when all three are filled. Dunno how it would look having the bars filling and emptying as she uses spells/waits. Also, showing the bars draining makes it seem like riven is somehow losing power; however, an empowered autoattack in the last millisecond of her passive is just as strong as one at the start.
yes, there are a few concerns (such as the ones you've mentioned) regarding clarity, which is why this is something i want to discuss with a few groups internally before immediately throwing it onto the pbe. i think the idea is worth trying out all the same. we'll see how it goes—hopefully this wouldn't take a ton of polish/development and ends up being an easy, quick, and good change. :3

Atlanis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2013

What if the bar changed color to represent how long one had until the passive wears off? For example, it could fade from her signature green at max duration to a green-grey at almost 0 seconds.

TutorialGames

11-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
yes, there are a few concerns (such as the ones you've mentioned) regarding clarity, which is why this is something i want to discuss with a few groups internally before immediately throwing it onto the pbe. :3
Why not just go for the simple route and use a three-tiered version of rengar's ferocity? Present or absent? Red = danger; black = empty. Have a colour change when the passive drops; no fading to confuse the matter.

Nickolas

11-28-2013

I hope this happens

Ntencti

11-28-2013

Honestly Riven needs to tone down for once Riot = NOPE

Oh put her passive in her manaless bar !! = BRILLIANT

Funny how Riot gives nerfs to so many champions even small ones, but none to this champion. It becomes obvious after a while when 1 or more champions are being given special treatment.

Maximum Riven

11-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntencti View Post

Funny how Riot gives nerfs to so many champions even small ones, but none to this champion. It becomes obvious after a while when 1 or more champions are being given special treatment.
Do you even play this game or do you just have the memory of a goldfish where you forget basically all of season 3 happened?

Farranor

11-28-2013

Could we also have EXP bars for friendly champs, or at least on our own again?

SuperKingDerp

11-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntencti View Post

So, your saying this is a bad feature since its not nerfing her, This has nothing to do with her balance, but making Riven look easier to read.

Glumduk

11-28-2013

I support this!