Relic, Rakkor and Face of the Mountain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pdnz

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentForest View Post
Thresh
Pls rito

A l

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2013

I honestly feel you are forcing us to play the support role the way you think it should be played. Example, Spellthief's Edge, getting a last hit disables the effect. You are enforcing no cs supports. Granted there are other items to purchase over thatone, but then dont get the active. I dont want to elaborate on it its late and im sleepy, but i feel you are forcing the game and the meta to work how you think it should be and not letting us play or experiment with all these "if" restrictions.

That said, you addressed the issue with supports even I did not like how it turned out, it was addressed..

Awesomax

11-25-2013

You mean... I can start playing Galio support and not be called a troll??

A GUARDIAN IS ALWAYS PREPARED

AgentForest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu Uppercut View Post
I honestly feel you are forcing us to play the support role the way you think it should be played. Example, Spellthief's Edge, getting a last hit disables the effect. You are enforcing no cs supports. Granted there are other items to purchase over thatone, but then dont get the active. I dont want to elaborate on it its late and im sleepy, but i feel you are forcing the game and the meta to work how you think it should be and not letting us play or experiment with all these "if" restrictions.
I do get your point about "locking us into builds" by making one for melee and two for ranged rather than just "three that depend on how you want to play support". That makes sense, and for this reason I'm opposed to making the Relic Shield set melee-only. It screws over Thresh, for example, but if someone wants to play more "all in" and push/dive a lot, this item should not be restricted from them.

However, I disagree that Riot is trying to force the meta. The only reason they are looking into changing the Relic Shield set is because they wanted people to be able to continue the meta as the players have already decided it should be played. The meta as it existed at the end of season 3 was largely a player-driven choice based on what the game offered. But this item (and the free ward at level 1) made duo-top better than having a jungler. Players are upset and rightly so. That's why they are altering it. Not because THEY want to force a meta, but because the players feel it honestly locks us into a stale, "must have" gameplay.

I think they simply need to make the item not share kills with anyone who also has the relic shield items. That would literally solve every problem this item is having. The gold generation drops off a bit late-game and doesn't work on jungle camps, so it isn't like it's that horribly broken. Last time I did the math on it, this one gives you the most reliable gold, but roughly the same amount as the other two gold items, but ONLY if you fully maximize the use of the other two. With the regen/mana regen item, your teammate needs to last-hit everything, but it still is a little short at the first rank of the item. That could use a tiny boost to passive gp10 or something. The AP support item makes as much gold as the relic shield in a given minute but ONLY if you maximize your poke on one champion (always attack them every 10 seconds without fail). If you balance it between both champs in your lane, it should even out its earnings with relic shield easily though. It has a lot of potential but requires very aggressive gameplay. Sona, Nami, and Lulu shine with it.

Golden Moonlight

11-26-2013

People having two relic shields in a lane~? (1 on each Champ)
No problem, just add an effect that negates em if two or more relic shields are used in the same lane~ After a while no one will even think of using two at once and it will return to your normal everyday lane~

But do you all really want that~? ;D

ChoBama

11-26-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/new...s#11-25-hotfix
11/25 Hotfix still not in effect, why?

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4073103
my post if anyone wants to give insight as to why it's taking so long to go through

Lawful

11-27-2013

I don't get it, why the **** does RIOT always have the nerfhammer in mind?

How about instead of nerfing it, BUFF THE OTHER TWO ITEMS?

Spellthief's edge 8 gold per spell and AA doesnt seem enough as it is, increase it to 12 or something.
And accordingly increase the favor gold income to 6 per kill, this is just retarded.
Now ranged supports have to suffer with lasthiting because their ADC will not let the creep go that low so that support can kill it.

Riot really is thinking with their ass when they make these changes.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

11-27-2013
13 of 13 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

Just wanted to close the loop on this, by mentioning that today's hotfix has applied the nerfs to Relic Shield - reducing the recharge rate to 60 seconds and making it so only melee attacks can proc the execute.

Ranged characters who want to use Relic Shield are expected to stack auto-attacks and spells to proc the effect, avoiding the frustratingly high-pressure situation where double relic shield shoves under the tower.

This was the change we could apply on short notice, and will keep an eye on the new Relic Shield. If Relic Shield stacking is still an issue, we'll address it again.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/new...s#11-25-hotfix

The 11/25 hotfix was delayed due to other service impairing issues in multiple regions which needed to be handled first.

Thanks

-Xelnath
Bringer of Chaos

NA Darklarik

11-27-2013

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...2#post43283492

Xelnath plz

Weve been talking about the Jungle for 2 days now, we have 60 pages worth of feedback and ideas, plz, toss us a bone man :/

Why are reds only commenting on Support threads... qq

Red Ryu

11-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...2#post43283492

Xelnath plz

Weve been talking about the Jungle for 2 days now, we have 60 pages worth of feedback and ideas, plz, toss us a bone man :/

Why are reds only commenting on Support threads... qq
Because the Targon's thing was an issue for both roles.