@Fafafafrani, regarding Quinn, our Beloved

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyrgos

11-26-2013

I posted this in my Quinn Skin Thread, but in case you're not revisiting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafafafrani View Post
ooh, as a Quinn player, I really like the Bloodraven one, she'll look even more badass

@Fafafafrani, I have a huge favor to ask...

On 5-25-2013, the question was asked if Quinn was rushed in the Art Department (in the thread "How rushed was Riot's art team during Quinn week?")... there were many complaints about how low-res she is... eventually IronStylus came out & stated factually that she was rushed.

Numerous times before this thread even existed, I noticed this & had asked IronStylus about polishing up her textures (in the AMA+)... I really wanted this Quinn...

Name:  579616cfa99f2e86x.jpg
Views: 7409
Size:  55.3 KB

... and not the one we got.

The reason I cared so much is because the moment I saw THAT Quinn, I fell in love... and to this day I am still deeply, madly in love with THAT Quinn... just not the one we received as much (many complaints about the base-splash & Phoenix Quinn being poorly executed as well).

Once that "Rushed Quinn" Thread was created, I inquired of IronStylus once more about possibly expediting a TU on Quinn as she was confessed to being rushed. He replied back with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
And I said that it might come as we churn through our assets and polish textures. It's part of Relaunch's job. Not happening any time soon most likely though.
5-28-2013.

What I ask is: could you please, please ask if we could get a Quinn TU expedited... it honestly kills part of the experience of playing her for me because of how bad she looks (and she's my favorite champion to play).

I think any of these Quinn-lovers in here would really, really love that.

Thank you for any consideration, please let me know if you will and/or what you hear back!

P.S. IronStylus also mentioned he could get down with my Nightraven (or -wing) Quinn idea, so I'm fingers crossed for that to be her first new skin ... you should join my camp & rep that too if you want ;P.

P.S.S. This' by no means a complaint, I was just very saddened to hear & to visually see that Quinn was rushed & am very hopeful she can be raised up again to meet quality-standards. I ask this with upmost humility.

BONUS: any word on E sometimes not applying the Harrier mark? This has been going on for a while, reported by many, & I haven't seen an update anywhere. Unless I missed it. I know as well that many people want to see Harrier become more reliable, I'm curious as to Riot's thought on that one myself.

Eyrgos

11-26-2013

{Saved for FAQ Space}

Vyrolf

11-26-2013

I find her headgear to be kind of adding too much to her design, and that she needs more emphasis on the girl-mullet.

Eyrgos

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrolf View Post
I find her headgear to be kind of adding too much to her design, and that she needs more emphasis on the girl-mullet.
I agree!

I find her stance to be just slightly too hunchback-like... perhaps if she only ducked down as far when inside brush... she can keep a slightly knees-bent look ordinarily, just not so drastic IMHO.

I also find her cape to consume a bit too much of her model.

Her face also looks too evil or mean, I know they wanted a tough, stoic sort of look but she looks like Malificient.

What do you think of the base splash?

Vyrolf

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
I agree!

I find her stance to be just slightly too hunchback-like... perhaps if she only ducked down as far when inside brush... she can keep a slightly knees-bent look ordinarily, just not so drastic IMHO.

I also find her cape to consume a bit too much of her model.

Her face also looks too evil or mean, I know they wanted a tough, stoic sort of look but she looks like Malificient.

What do you think of the base splash?
It's alright, they nailed the confident bearing, but for her role as the top ranger for Demacia, she sure sticks out too much. The circlet(?) not really sure what you'd call it; especially stands out, and just doesn't seem like it fits. I'd like to see her get a Special Forces themed skin, with her appearance resembling Meryl from the Metal Gear series.

Here's an image for reference.
http://i.imgur.com/hWnFXwb.jpg

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2013

I love Quinn gameplay wise. But for the life of me I cannot get into her visual design. The helmet is way too cluttered for her head and in general ugly, which is why I love Phoenix's headband thing.
Combine that with her seeming hunchback, her overly bulky outfit, and I just can't stand to use her.

Don't get me wrong I love the blue and the overall thought process, but I feel like they could've pulled the whole combined cloth + hard armor thing off better. It feels like they just threw a cut up and styled blanket on top of her to weigh her down and make her not so feminine.
I don't mind her being not insanely feminine and having some clunkiness, I just feel they pulled it off wrong. She needs to look armored, but sleek.
At present she just looks bulky and unappealing.

Her phoenix skin is beautiful. Amazing hair and nice headband/circlet, her outfit is a nice armor/cloth combination (the 'wings' still feel bulky but whatever). I feel like if you bad that blue/purple it'd be near perfect. :S

Also I'm getting the Harrier/Vault bug too. It'll appear on them, I proc it, I use vault to bring it back for a second proc, and it doesn't appear. So if they end up poking me back I feel like I lose out on the damage burst I deserved.

Eyrgos

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrolf View Post
It's alright, they nailed the confident bearing, but for her role as the top ranger for Demacia, she sure sticks out too much. The circlet(?) not really sure what you'd call it; especially stands out, and just doesn't seem like it fits. I'd like to see her get a Special Forces themed skin, with her appearance resembling Meryl from the Metal Gear series.

Here's an image for reference.
http://i.imgur.com/hWnFXwb.jpg
That would be really incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
I love Quinn gameplay wise. But for the life of me I cannot get into her visual design. The helmet is way too cluttered for her head and in general ugly, which is why I love Phoenix's headband thing.
Combine that with her seeming hunchback, her overly bulky outfit, and I just can't stand to use her.

Don't get me wrong I love the blue and the overall thought process, but I feel like they could've pulled the whole combined cloth + hard armor thing off better. It feels like they just threw a cut up and styled blanket on top of her to weigh her down and make her not so feminine.
I don't mind her being not insanely feminine and having some clunkiness, I just feel they pulled it off wrong. She needs to look armored, but sleek.
At present she just looks bulky and unappealing.

Her phoenix skin is beautiful. Amazing hair and nice headband/circlet, her outfit is a nice armor/cloth combination (the 'wings' still feel bulky but whatever). I feel like if you bad that blue/purple it'd be near perfect. :S

Also I'm getting the Harrier/Vault bug too. It'll appear on them, I proc it, I use vault to bring it back for a second proc, and it doesn't appear. So if they end up poking me back I feel like I lose out on the damage burst I deserved.
Yeah... I'm with you 100% on these... Phoenix Quinn is a step-up for sure, however I hate Phoenix Quinn's weapon & think her face is too pale... as well, some of the colors clash on each other (dark blue legs/super bright red hair/mid-dark red/cream/yellow)... a bit too rainbow-esque in a sense.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post

Yeah... I'm with you 100% on these... Phoenix Quinn is a step-up for sure, however I hate Phoenix Quinn's weapon & think her face is too pale... as well, some of the colors clash on each other (dark blue legs/super bright red hair/mid-dark red/cream/yellow)... a bit too rainbow-esque in a sense.
Oh yeah. The weapon is too big and clunky for my tastes on that skin. The face, yes, is pale and still isn't very amazing. It's like Lux - They had a potentially good champ design but just derped the visual feel of them, as well as the face.

I can see where you're coming from with that. I'm not a fan of the colours itself, I like the blue/purple theme of regular Quinn, with a neutral-ish brown.

Eyrgos

11-26-2013

I mean, I like the whole Ivory/Red motif, it's just mismatched in places.

I love, love, love the original color-palette... if only they took scissors to her came some & stood her up a little more, and texturized her a LOT more. They could definitely do the cloth+mail armor look more justice, I agree.

@Fafafafrani
@IronStylus

NAs Best Quinn

11-26-2013

I just want a new skin.

Also am I the only one who sees two Valors when you respawn using Pheonix Quinn

12345 ... 10