anyway to make this game less rock paper scissors?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TonySoprano2013

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus871 View Post
A well played Lux has no counters.
and then comes a well played fizz

PallasAthens

11-26-2013

But OP, this game is meant to be rock paper and scissors. That is, since it's f2p and champions are restricted, champions are balanced to be counterable by any other champion. It's an issue.

Shinjusuke

11-26-2013

Quote:
Except anyone of equal skill level playing someone who knows how to walk in a direction.
In my experience Kass or Swain works.

KevinDelMarr

11-26-2013

There is the option of couterpicking at every turn. There are also things called "team comps" which hide and exploit weakness' of both sides. Skill level can also swings things in or against your favor, everyone makes mistakes which you can exploit

Unless your team comp is completely one sided in terms of what they can do, there are tactics and strats you can use to win.

Shinjusuke

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotWrekz View Post
snip
Unless your "unfavorable matchup" is the fact that you're still pretending jungling works in the current preseason :P

Spider0ne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySoprano2013 View Post
that among many other reasons is why Dota2 is so inferior to league. call it what you want, you will lose lane and your teammates will rage
They are 2 totally different games. They are balanced around different concepts. Neither is inferior to the other, they just cater to different people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbirta View Post
K I don't care much about dota in this thread (or forum)

Pointing out that there are crazy hard counterpicks in this game.

For example, a decent teemo will keep, say, a trundle, from farming at all, and behind by a few levels throughout laning, even picking up a kill or two if trundle tries too hard to get in exp range. I've been on the giving and receiving end, and a 3-0, 160cs lvl 13 teemo against a 0-3, 57 cs lvl 9 trundle is about as much of a hard counter as anything i can think of from dota. You don't come back from that.
I'm not saying you do care about DotA, I was just pointing out that one Hero makes another almost completely useless for most of the game. In your situation, that Trundle still has his pillar for disengage, still has his ult to get tanky from the other teams tank, etc. He can still act and can still have an impact, even if it is small.

TonySoprano2013

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotWrekz View Post
If you are high in the pick order you would be well served by making a more strategic pick and playing a champion that is going to be relatively safe regardless of lane matchup. Jax is a good example of this in top, a lot of top laners can bully him before 6 and then the lane flips because he gains a lot of consistent power. Naturally this also depends on you playing the lane correctly when in an unfavorable matchup. If you identify when the enemy laner is going to be getting the most out of their power you can plan the lane around engagements are specific level breaks and play defensively outside of those windows. Barring cases where two champions do not belong in a lane against each other the fundamental toolkit that identifies a champion belonging in X lane should give them the tools to interact with likely opponents in that lane. Counters inside that context (mage vs mage) are minimal and can frequently be responded to by shifting playstyle and responding appropriately to being behind. Understanding you are behind and shifting to a defensive playstyle can even allow you to get back in the lane as the aggressive player will cause the lane to push and open opportunities for ganks.
first off wow i got a red response. second off I feel what your saying is rather obvious i have always used that knowledge to my advantage. Allthough i guess alot of like bronze players dont think about those things. the problem is ok, im just supposed to pick jax riven nida or other bogus FOTM champs that deserve obvious nerfs because they are so strong no one can counter them?

Why cant i just play a champ I want to play? Sounds more fun. I dont wanna be forced into boring safe picks just because this game depends WAY too much on counterpicking. Please riot makes this game less about counterpicking and games getting determined in champ select

Priamos

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthens View Post
But OP, this game is meant to be rock paper and scissors. That is, since it's f2p and champions are restricted, champions are balanced to be counterable by any other champion. It's an issue.
Nah, that's DotA. Here, hardcounter matchups are rare.

TonySoprano2013

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider0ne View Post
They are 2 totally different games. They are balanced around different concepts. Neither is inferior to the other, they just cater to different people.

I'm not saying you do care about DotA, I was just pointing out that one Hero makes another almost completely useless for most of the game. In your situation, that Trundle still has his pillar for disengage, still has his ult to get tanky from the other teams tank, etc. He can still act and can still have an impact, even if it is small.
no one cares about your dota analogies. and LOL>DOTA

Setanta

11-26-2013

Quote:
Talon. Murder him please.

1234567 ... 8