Ransom - "Poor Riven... I see some drama in her future"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAggravatedPimp

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortide View Post
I've always perceived it as a "lord before lover" type of thing. Like she was Noxus's poster child, and Darius is the figurehead. I've always felt like he had some interest in her, whether it'd be romantic, mutual respect, or both. And that after she went AWOL, he was confused and disappointed but because of his duty to Noxus he just keeps trucking on and I just see a bunch of potential drama happening in the ship. The tumblr blog explains it better than I can but since this is GD, I'm not to keen on giving it out. I will say that the person does do some nice art though.

I like Guiding Light, but I prefer Ezreal/Lux more. Yes, it's a deep confession.
Never read Guiding light actually, I only ship for lore pourposes, but A Blade Reforged is really good. Just let me find the link to it.

Edit: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/7887594/1/A-Blade-Reforged try that link

fortide

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAggravatedPimp View Post
Never read Guiding light actually, I only ship for lore pourposes, but A Blade Reforged is really good. Just let me find the link to it.

Edit: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/7887594/1/A-Blade-Reforged try that link
Thanks. I can only hope that the Lore team will be able to flesh some part of the Yasuo-Riven story out, instead of just leaving it at the bios.

AnAggravatedPimp

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortide View Post
Thanks. I can only hope that the Lore team will be able to flesh some part of the Yasuo-Riven story out, instead of just leaving it at the bios.
A lore event would be so ballin'

The reawakening of the Noxian/Ionian conflict with both sides vying for control. In the middle you hav Riven who has to come to terms with her past (Yusao, Singed, and the various Ionians she helped, owes, and has killed) and her future (the future of Noxus itself with the fates of Swain, LB, and Darius being effected also).

It ends with Riven coming to terms with her past, finishing her training by reconciling and learning from Yasuo, while picking up a new skin(Formally called Ki Master, now temporarily dubbed Riven, Noxian Typhoon)and basically telling everyone who wants to kill her come get it.

But that's the public view, the real story. The epilogue takes place behind the scenes where LeBlanc is meeting with Malzahar to discuss something.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2013

Quote:
And this is why Rioters don't post more often.
The lore team doesn't post more often because they know they have zero excuse for their incompetence.

Ransom

Creative Designer

11-26-2013
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
And this is why Rioters don't post more often.
Heh. I want to assure you that folks complaining at me on the forums will never be a reason for me not to post. It's very hard to hurt my feelings these days. I get to make champions and life is good, you know?

Generally, I like to keep things light and positive, and prefer to engage in actual discussion. When I read angry walls of text, I shrug and move on, and assume the poster has something going on in their life that I'm not privy to.

My policy is always to respond to topics I find interesting, assuming I have time to do so.

AnAggravatedPimp

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Heh. I want to assure you that folks complaining at me on the forums will never be a reason for me not to post. It's very hard to hurt my feelings these days. I get to make champions and life is good, you know?

Generally, I like to keep things light and positive, and prefer to engage in actual discussion. When I read angry walls of text, I shrug and move on, and assume the poster has something going on in their life that I'm not privy to.

My policy is always to respond to topics I find interesting, assuming I have time to do so.
And this is why you're my new favorite Rioter.

MisterMeowsworth

11-26-2013

Ransom, I know this isn't your area at all, but you are the first red to comment in the past 7 hours. Do you know what happened with the hotfix? The patch notes for it are labeled for yesterday, and people said the servers went down last night(I wasn't on so I dunno), but we have no hotfix for Relic Shield, Jungle Items, or Bloodthirster.

It even says in the patch notes "These updates have been made server-side, but may take additional time to update within the game client. You may see old tooltips and old combine costs but their in-game behavior will reflect the changes below."

But that isn't the case. The updates have NOT been made. After many people testing all of these, it has been confirmed that it is still following pre-hotfix behavior. I don't think people are angry, they are just wondering what happened. They just want to know that Riot knows about this. So if we could have someone just give a quick little message, like "Yea, we know and its coming." Or "There was a problem, hang tight." Just something.

Thanks.

SlumlordThanatos

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Me too! I love the RivenDidIt.Com meme, but I would say that regardless of whether Riven killed the elder (I don't want to impose on all this fun speculation!), the stage is set for a very interesting relationship between these two characters. They have so much in common, and yet so much divides them. They are literally my favorite pair in all of League right now.

There are still some little goodies on the way, so stay tuned...
Seriously, all of your OTP's make me sad.

Talith PA

11-26-2013

Speaking of Riven, one day I hope to see a Rocket Knight Riven legendary skin. Little jet pack bursts every time she dashes and the energy sword powerup on ult. Riot pls

AnAggravatedPimp

11-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Speaking of Riven, one day I hope to see a Rocket Knight Riven legendary skin. Little jet pack bursts every time she dashes and the energy sword powerup on ult. Riot pls
Make it a Legendary after Riven gets her Wind Master Ultimate