Ransom - "Poor Riven... I see some drama in her future"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Into The Fray

Senior Member

11-25-2013

Is she getting paired with the nerf bat?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fortide

Senior Member

11-25-2013

I really doubt any romance will come out of the whole thing. The lore team would have to be incredibly ballsy to do that (unless they somehow magically recon and pair her with Lux, in which I think almost all of the Lore fans would be satisfied. At least on this website.).

Why the downvotes? Have you seen the lore forum?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAggravatedPimp

Senior Member

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
itt : writing less than 500 words and coming up with a bad back story that will lead absolutely no where as all LoL lore does is extremely time consuming.

Yeah, ok...

What do you do, pitch 3000 ideas and then use a lotto to decide which one you'll take? Sure, that might be time consuming...

Meanwhile, every good professional author pumping out a 1000 pages book on their own every 2-3 years.

But, hey, at least we get to pair Riven with a samurai for... what reason again? None? Oh, ok. Yeah makes sense, she totally seems ready to have a relationship with someone. Except for the can barely live with herself/hates everything that her country has become thing. Yeah, let's forget about that. Too distracting from the important stuff : SHIPPING. Cuz every champ should be paired with another champ, right Ransom?
And this is why Rioters don't post more often.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAggravatedPimp

Senior Member

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortide View Post
I really doubt any romance will come out of the whole thing. The lore team would have to be incredibly ballsy to do that (unless it's with Lux, in which I think almost all of the Lore fans would be satisfied. At least on this website.)
I'd prefer to see Riven paired with Irelia but that's from a lore theory that Yasuo's introduction completely destroyed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X SkeletonCandy

Senior Member

11-25-2013

Imagine how many weaboo's would be pissed that Yasuo can have Riven but they can't. HO ho ho.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fortide

Senior Member

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAggravatedPimp View Post
I'd prefer to see Riven paired with Irelia but that's from a lore theory that Yasuo's introduction completely destroyed.
I like her with Darius but that's due to a fantastic role player on tumblr.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAggravatedPimp

Senior Member

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortide View Post
I like her with Darius but that's due to a fantastic role player on tumblr.
I could never buy it because while Riv and Darius are incredibly similar in terms of their beliefs, Darius is loyal to whomever he perceives is the most worthy to rule,usually the person with the most power. His loyalty is essentially bought by whoever has the biggest gun which would put him in conflict with an AWOL soldier who stole and destroyed Noxian property and allied herself with Ionians to "train."

But those are just my feelings, I honestly know close to squat about Darius' lore and I'm just going with what is presented in his personality


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bileam

Junior Member

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Well, I would imagine there are several Rioters who are jonesing to make Yasuo their forum avatar. I don't think I can win that competition.
Dont wanna sound like a dick but why the hell a cowboy skin wouldent an armored guard skin like a samurai be more appropriate for him or anything but a cowboy skin? Was looking forward to spending RP on him for his bundle on release but now Im not dont wanna play a cowbow with a sword just dosent fit the champ imo coulda gone with a sith skin since yi has a jedi skin or something anything but what he will have.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAggravatedPimp

Senior Member

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileam View Post
Dont wanna sound like a dick but why the hell a cowboy skin wouldent an armored guard skin like a samurai be more appropriate for him or anything but a cowboy skin? Was looking forward to spending RP on him for his bundle on release but now Im not dont wanna play a cowbow with a sword just dosent fit the champ imo coulda gone with a sith skin since yi has a jedi skin or something anything but what he will have.
Keep it Riven related dude. +1 because it's an issue though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fortide

Senior Member

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAggravatedPimp View Post
I could never buy it because while Riv and Darius are incredibly similar in terms of their beliefs, Darius is loyal to whomever he perceives is the most worthy to rule,usually the person with the most power. His loyalty is essentially bought by whoever has the biggest gun which would put him in conflict with an AWOL soldier who stole and destroyed Noxian property and allied herself with Ionians to "train."

But those are just my feelings, I honestly know close to squat about Darius' lore and I'm just going with what is presented in his personality
I've always perceived it as a "lord before lover" type of thing. Like she was Noxus's poster child, and Darius is the figurehead. I've always felt like he had some interest in her, whether it'd be romantic, mutual respect, or both. And that after she went AWOL, he was confused and disappointed but because of his duty to Noxus he just keeps trucking on and I just see a bunch of potential drama happening in the ship. The tumblr blog explains it better than I can but since this is GD, I'm not to keen on giving it out. I will say that the person does do some nice art though.

I like Guiding Light, but I prefer Ezreal/Lux more. Yes, it's a deep confession.