Ransom - "Poor Riven... I see some drama in her future"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShiaNeko

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Me too! I love the RivenDidIt.Com meme, but I would say that regardless of whether Riven killed the elder (I don't want to impose on all this fun speculation!), the stage is set for a very interesting relationship between these two characters. They have so much in common, and yet so much divides them. They are literally my favorite pair in all of League right now.

There are still some little goodies on the way, so stay tuned...
So the word from Riot is that there is a chance Riven didn't do it.

Whenever I say it based on the facts people think I'm some weird Riven defender or something when all I was doing was trying to find some interesting lore. x_x

AnAggravatedPimp

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiaNeko View Post
So the word from Riot is that there is a chance Riven didn't do it.

Whenever I say it based on the facts people think I'm some weird Riven defender or something when all I was doing was trying to find some interesting lore. x_x
I don't think you're weird, I actually like the argument that comes with a disparity in our choices.

Exvayate

11-25-2013

Riven x Talon!
˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖

Just Mid

11-25-2013

Quote:
Me too! I love the RivenDidIt.Com meme, but I would say that regardless of whether Riven killed the elder (I don't want to impose on all this fun speculation!), the stage is set for a very interesting relationship between these two characters. They have so much in common, and yet so much divides them. They are literally my favorite pair in all of League right now.

There are still some little goodies on the way, so stay tuned...
Dude I missed you. Come around GD more often. Your ama was awesome.

Ransom

Creative Designer

11-25-2013
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakingAtlas View Post
I don't think the "drama" Ransom hinted at was a romance. I think it's gonna be connected to Yasuo at least blaming her for his master's death, regardless of whether or not she did it.
That's the beautiful thing about the circumstances Yasuo and Riven find them in. The relationship could go any number of directions. It could be a pure rivalry, or it could be a rivalry that turns into a romance, or it could go somewhere else entirely. But to call it a pure rivalry or a pure romance is missing the point. The point is, the relationship is COMPLICATED and provides plenty of fodder for drama. As a fan of our universe, this ambiguity appeals to me. It's a grown-up vision of human relationships and not a Disney one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Mid Please View Post
Dude I missed you. Come around GD more often. Your ama was awesome.
Aw, thanks. I've been meaning to post more often, but getting Yasuo out the door has been extremely time-consuming!

Eyrgos

11-25-2013

Quote:
Aw, thanks. I've been meaning to post more often, but getting Yasuo out the door has been extremely time-consuming!
Question is: will you change your Avatar to High Noon Yasuo once the splash is made?

Ransom

Creative Designer

11-25-2013
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
Question is: will you change your Avatar to High Noon Yasuo once the splash is made?
Well, I would imagine there are several Rioters who are jonesing to make Yasuo their forum avatar. I don't think I can win that competition.

Great Owl

11-25-2013

Quote:
That's the beautiful thing about the circumstances Yasuo and Riven find them in. The relationship could go any number of directions. It could be a pure rivalry, or it could be a rivalry that turns into a romance, or it could go somewhere else entirely. But to call it a pure rivalry or a pure romance is missing the point. The point is, the relationship is COMPLICATED and provides plenty of fodder for drama. As a fan of our universe, this ambiguity appeals to me. It makes for great shipping and fanservice.

I dislike it when creators ship members of their cast together just to ship things or add romance. It makes for unnatural feeling relations and poorly crafted stories. Of course you guys don't need to worry about that because you guys never finish stories anyway.

P.S. RivenXYasuo = closet psychopath couple. Riven kills on command until her own life at risk = secretly no humanity. Yasuo kills his own brother for "honor" even though he could have tried to talk it out before hand= Murderous and emotionally selfish.

Averosan Angel

11-25-2013

Quote:
or it could be a rivalry that turns into a romance
Please no. That sounds like the absolute worst pairing ever. Aesthetically, personally, everything about it just screams OFF.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2013

itt : writing less than 500 words and coming up with a bad back story that will lead absolutely no where as all LoL lore does is extremely time consuming.

Yeah, ok...

What do you do, pitch 3000 ideas and then use a lotto to decide which one you'll take? Sure, that might be time consuming...

Meanwhile, every good professional author pumping out a 1000 pages book on their own every 2-3 years.

But, hey, at least we get to pair Riven with a samurai for... what reason again? None? Oh, ok. Yeah makes sense, she totally seems ready to have a relationship with someone. Except for the can barely live with herself/hates everything that her country has become thing. Yeah, let's forget about that. Too distracting from the important stuff : SHIPPING. Cuz every champ should be paired with another champ, right Ransom?