I find it funny that preseason has killed conventional supports

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-25-2013
1 of 5 Riot Posts

So far, we have not seen this be true. Some data we have so far:

* Traditional support characters' winrate is almost unchanged. (Less than 1% delta up or down)
* Other common duo-laners (Annie, Zyra) are unchanged in winrate. Relatively, their winrate is similar to before...meaning this delta is not changing that equation so far (though some changes may be needed as they might have been in S3).
* The two exceptions are Taric (up ~4%) due to new scaling being really strong on him, and Janna (down ~5%) due to global passive change. We'll likely buff Janna's core skills a good amount to compensate (woo!)

This is only a few days of data, but right now, the gold delta has had a low effect on general performance (and in this stuff, deltas matter more than absolutes). We do have some hotfix changes to Brace and Jungle coming in today, but supports and bottom lane are actually looking generally more healthy so far based data points.

Atelophobia

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

* Traditional support characters' winrate is almost unchanged. (Less than 1% delta up or down)
* Other common duo-laners (Annie, Zyra) are unchanged in winrate. Relatively, their winrate is similar to before...meaning this delta is not changing that equation so far (though some changes may be needed as they might have been in S3).
* The two exceptions are Taric (up ~4%) due to new scaling being really strong on him, and Janna (down ~5%) due to global passive change. We'll likely buff Janna's core skills a good amount to compensate (woo!)

This is only a few days of data, but right now, the gold delta has had a low effect on general performance (and in this stuff, deltas matter more than absolutes). We do have some hotfix changes to Brace and Jungle coming in today, but supports and bottom lane are actually looking generally more healthy so far based data points.
Janna buffs yes please.

Tesla23

11-25-2013

dunno mang Lulu seems to be one of the best supports for bot now

Alphard

11-25-2013

Quote:

i had a game with a support thresh vs a support le blanc and we lost because support le blanc got 20 stacks with the new targon embrace. lol~

Kazral

11-25-2013

Quote:

Janna buffs!!!!

<3

Ventose

11-25-2013

Quote:

http://lol.gamepedia.com/PANDORA.TV_...014/Statistics

Annie 90% b/p rate at ogn and no incoming nerfs?

Hassohappa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2013

I have found Lulu to be pretty absurd after the patch. By the end of my last game I had about 600 AP. Glitterlance slow did not degrade over time. Whimsy was a 5 second 90% haste. Help, Pix! was a gigantic shield, and her ult gave 900 HP. She felt pretty satisfying to play as, with a bit of luck you can outplay enemies 1v1 and actually kill them. Even against tanks you can lock them down indefinitely until your team shows up.

My team was actually behind, so it wasn't just because I got fed or something. Heck, neither my AD nor I even built Relic Shield.

Morior Invictis

11-25-2013

Quote:

Did you consider win-rates may not change but play-rates would?

Just because Annie and Fiddlesticks both remain around 50% doesn't mean they aren't overpowered in the bottom lane, it just means they are being chosen against eachother frequently.

I know I don't play in every game, but I rarely seen Sona/Nami/Janna anymore, its ALWAYS Annie, Zyra, Fiddlesticks. I even see Brand/Orianna/Viktor more than the traditional supports.

Every lane is a kill lane. Yes we still see a lot of Leona/Thresh, but other than those, its always AP carries for kill lanes.

Crsh

11-25-2013

Quote:

Please stop using the word delta before someone makes a ****ty joke out of it and a terrible meme is born.

Kazral

11-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassohappa View Post
I have found Lulu to be pretty absurd after the patch. By the end of the game I had about 600 AP. Glitterlance slow did not degrade over time. Whimsy was a 5 second 90% haste. Help, Pix! was a gigantic shield, and her ult gave over 900 HP. She felt pretty satisfying to play as, with a bit of luck you can outplay enemies 1v1 and actually kill them. Even against tanks you can lock them down indefinitely until your team shows up.
She really is great with the new changes. However, she still has mana issues in lane, so I think that her lategame power is justified by her mediocre laning phase.

12345612 ... 20