These "anti snowball" changes are really stupid.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kidco

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racism View Post
Not sure if you're trolling or not, but this point was already discussed.

If you didn't catch it, the new changes make it much harder to end a game (Inhib changes, turret regen, passive gold flow and more gold given on assists) which means that a team that is losing can simply stall at a turret while they slowly gain enough gold to win a teamfight.
I think you may have a point if stalling does become a popular strategy to win games, game length would be too long if everything in a 40 minute game depends on one team fight of course whichever team scales better will win

Drew Martin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2013

I think the new meta will shift towards champions that can have a decent impact in the early game and scale properly in the lategame. Like Nocturne, Evelyn for example. Or either that it will turn into a farmfest and we will begin seeing Jungle Warwick again. In this case trying to pressure a warwick would be useless since you would be better of farming yourself.

Ntencti

11-24-2013

I love how they boosted gold for individuals who took down turrets but at the same time, used that excuse to cover up the broken ingame passive gold progression items, so yes, you are now just playing the waiting game as your gold raises on its own and the only deciding factor is a team fight.

This patch has made matches more of a gamble on team fight victories because early game has been gimped by all that ward coverage preventing your junglers to do hardly anything and alot of passive gold generated all for the purpose of giving players a reason not to be upset because they got outplayed...

Drew Martin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidco View Post
actually part of the reason for the changes was because of lcs. You see the supports going to ward wars and ending up with only a sightstone and mobility boots by the end of the game but it was effective to winning the game. Of course most people don't want that.
Exactly, Riot doesnt cater to people who can't play the game, this was because of LCS. If you look carefully now there's less wards on the map then before and the new trinket visions bring a whole new dynamic to the game. They give a 60sec vision after 1:30 that has a long cd on a trinket, not to mention this cool mechanic where you have to defend your pink ward if you want to control certain objectives. I love it. There's definitely more power in the early game now, if they didn't add this new late game anti snowballing thing the game would have been faster paced.

Besides, up to gold 2, gold 1 people don't know how,when and where to ward. There's practically zero wards on the map now in those lower brackets, and they can be really abused if you memorize the timer and use the oracle trinket. This entire change has no impact on anyone under gold1, considering ppl in that bracket used to spam wards over the entire river LOL. This change reduces overall vision and makes the early game more exciting and fast paced. That is until you get to midgame.

The only bad part about the trinkets is the blue trinket, I can't imagine why anyone would use it. The range is so small, you're better off getting the ward trinket and get 60 sec vision. And if it gets cleared by a red trinket it forces opponent to blow a cd.
Blue trinket is useless, it forces nothing from opponents and offers a low range 1 second vision that you could otherwise get with a ward.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

11-24-2013

riot is stupÓd. It's mathematically impossible to shorten game with less snowball. It's called logic. If you decreased the snowball it make the game longer, if you increase the snowball it make the game shorter.

kidco

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Martin View Post
Exactly, Riot doesnt cater to people who can't play the game, this was because of LCS. If you look carefully now there's less wards on the map then before and the new trinket visions bring a whole new dynamic to the game. They give a 60sec vision after 1:30 that has a long cd on a trinket, not to mention this cool mechanic where you have to defend your pink ward if you want to control certain objectives. I love it. There's definitely more power in the early game now, if they didn't add this new late game anti snowballing thing the game would have been faster paced.

Besides, up to gold 2, gold 1 people don't know how,when and where to ward. There's practically zero wards on the map now in those lower brackets, and they can be really abused if you memorize the timer and use the oracle trinket. This entire change has no impact on anyone under gold1, considering ppl in that bracket used to spam wards over the entire river LOL. This change reduces overall vision and makes the early game more exciting and fast paced. That is until you get to midgame.

The only bad part about the trinkets is the blue trinket, I can't imagine why anyone would use it. The range is so small, you're better off getting the ward trinket and get 60 sec vision. And if it gets cleared by a red trinket it forces opponent to blow a cd.
Blue trinket is useless, it forces nothing from opponents and offers a low range 1 second vision that you could otherwise get with a ward.
Yea blue trinkets need a buff. no one ever uses them lol.

But the thing I'm more concerned with besides trinkets is how teams can stall out 40-50 minute games when they are behind. In the games I've played, if the enemy team was ahead, grouped, and pushed objectives they will still win the game earlier and you can't stall that. If it is possible to stall out games like that then I want to know how and then instantly we can resolve this problem.

Lyfelink

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racism View Post
It might actually create an elo hell because now every game is determined by how well your team plays, not just you.
*facedesk*

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-24-2013
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agaranlol View Post
how about you make the game reward individual skill more? if you cater to the casuals i promise you this game is going to start slowly dying like WoW. I PROMISE you.
Making the game reward individual skill was actually the point of these changes. When they are finished and balanced I think that will become clear to everyone. Our players are becoming more serious about competition and the game over time, and our intent with the game is to not 'casualize' but instead to continue to improve the overall quality of competitive play.

We will from time to time add stuff like ARAM and One for All, but those sorts of experiences can thrive alongside the core game without damaging competitive integrity.

Henry Plainview

11-24-2013

I'm fine with the intent of the changes. But I think you really went way too far and it's so frustrating it makes me want to stop playing SR for a patch or two.

Drew Martin

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidco View Post
Yea blue trinkets need a buff. no one ever uses them lol.

But the thing I'm more concerned with besides trinkets is how teams can stall out 40-50 minute games when they are behind. In the games I've played, if the enemy team was ahead, grouped, and pushed objectives they will still win the game earlier and you can't stall that. If it is possible to stall out games like that then I want to know how and then instantly we can resolve this problem.
What champions were on your team and what were you vs? What did the opposite team build and what did you build? Did you have elo boosters on your team or opposite team. Because I know I had some really bad players in my game. Not just talking my team, but opposite team too. I have won games that were too easy and it turned out the opposite team had 2 silver players who bought their diamond /plat border.

You can still end games early, it's just ridiculously hard, the gap is smaller. If you've lost 2 inhibs for example and you have your buffs and dragon timers, plus gold items on each of your teammates you can recover much more easier from that push. It will still come down to whether you can win a teamfight and how well you scale.