These "anti snowball" changes are really stupid.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Racism

Master Recruiter

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esarius View Post
Welcome to League of Legends. This has been going on since the game came out.

>Heehee, a plat complaining about his team

Implying plat people are the best players.

Plat is okay, it's where people transition from your average league player to your top tier players.

There are a lot of people that are still learning, and they still make a lot of mistakes.

Voice 1

11-24-2013

Snowballing was basically what the popular entertainment of diamonds in bronze was all about. I'm more worried about what I'm gonna watch for fun now.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-24-2013
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze Yasuo View Post
are you going to balance late game carries around games going that long? If that's the intended normal time then hyper carries like Nasus become too strong. You pretty much have to finish alot quicker then that (20-25) if you hope to not allow their carries to come back.
There's nothing wrong with late game comps as a strategy that is sometimes played. What we don't want is for long games to be the standard.

Vieryn

11-24-2013

I noticed this too! My first game back from the changes was literally the strangest game of league i have ever played.

There was so much vision that was normally not there that no one was getting caught..everyone was just passively farming. Even though we were pushed to base and hadn't left base in probably over 10 minutes we just farmed and farmed and waited around.

it was a 45 minute game. 40 minutes were farming. Then a random team fight was initiated, we won that single team fight and since it was so late in the game that ace meant we took their turret, inhib, both turrets, and nexus.

It was so weird. 40 minutes of farming. 4 minutes of stuff happening. 1 minute of destroying structures. GG.

I think people just need time to adjust to the changes though. I mean once they figure out that the enemy is passively gaining gold maybe they'll think up more creative ways of initiation in order to keep the momentum of the game in their favor instead of stagnating.

Just a thought.

don't mind me, i'm just a lowly silver.

Bullettime7

11-24-2013

Been feeling longer games as well. It makes hypercarries like Nasus and Vayne a bit stronger as games feel like they're guaranteed to last long enough for them to start crushing people. Most games that I've played have gone the 35-45 minute marks, even with a dominant early game.

Quick snowballing was an issue but when you can't shut out games early, late game scalers become a lot safer and more dangerous.

Agaranlol

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
There's nothing wrong with late game comps as a strategy that is sometimes played. What we don't want is for long games to be the standard.
how about you make the game reward individual skill more? if you cater to the casuals i promise you this game is going to start slowly dying like WoW. I PROMISE you.

12fingerJIM

11-24-2013

Wait a second...this patch hurt junglers, right? And you know who jungles? Volibear. Meanwhile supports got more gold...and one support that really needs gold is Zilean...and now Zileas is posting...THIS PATCH WAS THE WORK OF ZILEAS TO MAKE ARMORED BEARS USELESS WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY MAKING ZILEAN STRONGER!

Ralik098

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agaranlol View Post
how about you make the game reward individual skill more? if you cater to the casuals i promise you this game is going to start slowly dying like WoW. I PROMISE you.
Riot has always catered to the casuals though.

Racism

Master Recruiter

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fingerjim View Post
wait a second...this patch hurt junglers, right? And you know who jungles? Volibear. Meanwhile supports got more gold...and one support that really needs gold is zilean...and now zileas is posting...this patch was the work of zileas to make armored bears useless while simultaneously making zilean stronger!

put on your tinfoil hat he's reading our minds.

kirby145x

11-24-2013

BTW Zileas, it's good to see you posting here. When we feel like we are stumbling in the dark on some of these things, red posts are all we have.