These "anti snowball" changes are really stupid.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LVNsNASmurf

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Interesting name.

So, we can evaluate both of these very easily -- are games shorter, longer or the same, and are individuals as able, less able or just as able to carry. I think those are good questions. I'm pretty sure the core gameplay team is already evaluating it, but I'll make sure that it's on their mind, as those are the right questions to ask.
Zil, before I used to dread a game where my team lost 4 turrets to 0. We were done for. Now I keep calm knowing that our champions scale better, and we can change that from 4-0 to 4-11 with ease.

Thats wrong and bad. This game is unwinnable before about 25-30 minutes now. Before, if you had an exceptional stomp, you could crush down a lane, hit all 3 turrets and barrel in a 17 minute stomp. Thats ok, if there is that kind of skill difference, at least it's over fast.

Baring surrenders, my games have been noticeably longer, with noticeably stronger builds at each stage of the game. There is no real ability to close games any more. It's as if a magic switch flicks at 30 minutes "you may now take an inhib turret". Before that time, it's impossible to get any damage done to the enemy base.

This gameplay feels like a slog

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-24-2013
2 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racism View Post
Also - A lot of examples are somewhat exaggerated, but for the most part the game feels extremely harder to end with all the extra gold coming in from assists and passively generated.
Sure -- it's either true or it's not. We will check to find out, and if it's true, we will work on it.

Vudz

11-24-2013

Quote:
Interesting name.

So, we can evaluate both of these very easily -- are games shorter, longer or the same, and are individuals as able, less able or just as able to carry. I think those are good questions. I'm pretty sure the core gameplay team is already evaluating it, but I'll make sure that it's on their mind, as those are the right questions to ask.

The TLDR is:
1) We like games to be in the 30-40 range. We don't want them to be longer than before. If they are becoming significantly longer, we'd make an adjustment.

2) Ideally, we want teams to snowball less... and individuals to snowball as much or more. Individual snowballing is fun, team snowballing is not. If we saw patterns contrary to this, we'd make adjustments.

3) This is fair criticism, and we will evaluate if it's broadly true and make adjustments if 'longer games' seem to be an outcome.
#2 I knew it can't be left like it. There won't be any point in watching Faker, or any LCS superstar otherwise.

Ntencti

11-24-2013

Quote:
Interesting name.

The TLDR is:
1) We like games to be in the 30-40 range. We don't want them to be longer than before. If they are becoming significantly longer, we'd make an adjustment.

2) Ideally, we want teams to snowball less... and individuals to snowball as much or more. Individual snowballing is fun, team snowballing is not. If we saw patterns contrary to this, we'd make adjustments.

3) This is fair criticism, and we will evaluate if it's broadly true and make adjustments if 'longer games' seem to be an outcome.
I swear its like Riot has the full intentions of dumbing down thier game further and further and no ingame testing was done in the first place. You always say you're going to evaluate but never do actually do jack shiit seeing as so many problems tend to carry out for a long time, until we get used to them or forget about them. Do you actually even care ?

HeY x SeAn

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntencti View Post
I swear its like Riot has the full intentions of dumbing down thier game further and further and no ingame testing was done in the first place. You always say you're going to evaluate but never do actually do jack shiit seeing as so many problems tend to carry out for a long time, until we get used to them or forget about them. Do you actually even care ?
shhh it's an easy fix

Ntencti

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeY x SeAn View Post
shhh it's an easy fix
Yeah right, an "easy fix" that will take them months to fix cause we dont cry about it enough. Riot can go to hell for all I care, they must worship Satan or something to have implemented these disgusting changes.

Any normal human being has eyes, those eyes let you see things and read things, so where the hell were they when developing League of Targon? To hell with Riot.

JudoPunch

11-24-2013

I think the game seems harder to win only due to the inhibitor changes. A lot of people do not know how to take an advantage and win. Without all lanes pushing this is being highlighted.

prozak82

11-24-2013

zil these guys claim that its too easy now to turtle up and equalize gold. got any thoughts on the matter?

TYRANT HANZO

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntencti View Post
Yeah right, an "easy fix" that will take them months to fix cause we dont cry about it enough. Riot can go to hell for all I care, they must worship Satan or something to have implemented these disgusting changes.

Any normal human being has eyes, those eyes let you see things and read things, so where the hell were they when developing League of Targon? To hell with Riot.
^this we asked them not to touch the ****ing jungle and just increase income maybe add a camp. They completely take a huge dump all over it then say whoops not intended well get to it in a few months. IE NEVER!!!!

Vudz

11-24-2013

^ Agreed. One of the fun of having the jungler is the 'what if' factor, that fear that a Lee Win in every bush, reading ganks, setting up a countergank, invading...all gone. Meh season to start.