Annie support is only good against short ranged adc's

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Overpowered

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
You can hit trade with any ADC when they try to last hit, so, not sure I agree with this premise...

I do think Annie with the current shield environment has a lot less drawbacks (no sustain) than before. She's definitely pretty good right now on account of that in particular.
Do you feel like she is unbalanced at the moment as a support champ? I love the vibe of playing Annie as a support especially with the Season 4 changes. I would hate to see her nerfed back to Mid Lane or obscurity.

Kuru Pichu

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
You can hit trade with any ADC when they try to last hit, so, not sure I agree with this premise...

I do think Annie with the current shield environment has a lot less drawbacks (no sustain) than before. She's definitely pretty good right now on account of that in particular.
Good luck attacking them when they're standing 600+ range away from the creeps and back off even further when you move up.

It's not like Annie could win auto attack trades regardless though, she needs her spells but can never gets in range to cast them.

Overpowered

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru Pichu View Post
Good luck attacking them when they're standing 600+ range away from the creeps and back off even further when you move up.

It's not like Annie could win auto attack trades regardless though, she needs her spells but can never gets in range to cast them.
Name 3 supports who could currently win auto attack trades better than Annie.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-24-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru Pichu View Post

I am referring to auto-attacking when they go for a last hit -- which annie certainly can do more effectively than other supports. Not a 'trade', sorry for confusion.

Fuzen kuden

11-24-2013

most of us look at this patch as the knock out blow to the support class as we knew them. i think you should look at this as a reason to change supports to mages or tanky fighters I would rather have high damage over high utility. besides seeing annie nuke vayne is just wonderful >:3

Overpowered

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzen kuden View Post
most of us look at this patch as the knock out blow to the support class as we knew them. i think you should look at this as a reason to change supports to mages or tanky fighters I would rather have high damage over high utility.
They already discussed that they want support champions to be played like a support and not exactly like a "Traditional Mage". They want mages and supports to be seperate even though they seem to be nearly identical.

Tank Supports are a different story though.

Fuzen kuden

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupportPreferred View Post
They already discussed that they want support champions to be played like a support and not exactly like a "Traditional Mage". They want mages and supports to be seperate even though they seem to be nearly identical.

Tank Supports are a different story though.
they may say that but face it most players dislike supports becase you feel like your little more then the teams beast of burden everyone WANTS to have damage. thats why mids started walking bot becase they have damage and damage feels good. but i fear riot will keep trying to keep a dieing class alive that they poisoned.

Sageoffire

11-24-2013

What needs to happen is look at ALL of the "full blown mage" champions in the game, and decide how much CC they REALLY need. a champion like Annie does NOT need a 1.75s stun to function. she gets huge near instant burst damage, she would probably do her job just as effectivly with a 1s stun.

then look at all of the "full on supports", and tune their damage similarly. Make sure that the key defining characteristic of supports is to support through utility. Sure, it would be nice if Sona could drop 50% of someones HP with one Q ... if she wasnt already doing everything else her kit was designed for (random note, 1.5s stun on Crescendo, 1.75 on Pyromania WT actual F?).

Finally. pick out all of the designated "utility mages" and make sure their raw damage output is lower than a full mage but still meaningful, and their utility isnt shutting out that of supports. balance stuff so they do both things well, but not better, than other champs

no one type of 'mage' should be able to make either of the others unviable because they can do it all, better.

Overpowered

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzen kuden View Post
they may say that but face it most players dislike supports becase you feel like your little more then the teams beast of burden everyone WANTS to have damage. thats why mids started walking bot becase they have damage and damage feels good. but i fear riot will keep trying to keep a dieing alive that they poisoned.
That was definitely the case in season 3, it may just be me but I haven't been raged at for any of my support choices in season 4 except for when I occasionally don't buy relic shield.

I personally would like to see "Utility orientated supports" and "Damage orientated supports" be able to coexist and be a viable choices for whatever your team comp needs. I'm sure we will see a few more support changes before preseason ends. As long as they follow through with their original "season 4 support" philosophy.

Fuzen kuden

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupportPreferred View Post
That was definitely the case in season 3, it may just be me but I haven't been raged at for any of my support choices in season 4 except for when I occasionally don't buy relic shield.

I personally would like to see "Utility orientated supports" and "Damage orientated supports" be able to coexist and be a viable choices for whatever your team comp needs. I'm sure we will see a few more support changes before preseason ends.
im ok with this it would bring diversitey to a game that at the end of S3 was starting to get more then stale (bit of mold on it)