These "anti snowball" changes are really stupid.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SteveTheCrusader

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudz View Post
I know about objectives. That's why when I read in the 3.14 patch notes:

Inhibitor death timers reduced to 4 minutes (from 5 minutes)
Inhibitors no longer grant a global buff to all minions when destroyed
Inhibitors now grant a stronger damage and durability buff to minions in their specific lane

I knew the game will stall. By a lot. Combined in with tower regening and GLs having a lategame comp surrender when they know they will faceroll once 30-40 comes around.

This is why you're gold though. You didn't even understand why it became harder to push and easier to stall. I thought it was obvious. Guess not.

You're a comedian when you were like herpy derpy, just push! Next time you lose, compare the amount of gold you have against the winning team. It'll be close. Even when you got stomped. Hard.
^

and to the guy saying that "kills don't matter"
the entire premise of being able to carry the game and win your lane was through killing your opponents in order to THEN get objectives. you can't just ignore them and kill their towers.

plus getting kills would put you ahead and your opponent behind - which is healthy for the game.
this bull**** is not.

Grads

11-24-2013

Not in favor The "anti-snowballing" changes or the introduction of targon's, personally. More power to the ADC in my humble opinion.

Sacrix

11-24-2013

Another reason Nasus is still top dog in the OP champ list.

xProR2D2x

11-24-2013

The only thing snowballing badly was map control. There are too many rewards for getting map control: vision, extra gold from towers, lanes pushing from inhibitors. All they needed to do was reduce tower and inhibitor rewards.

WC3betterthanSC

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudz View Post
Wait...so the 0-10 Nasus deserves to win just because he's a better scaling lategame hero?
hah you said hero

BanVaynePlease

11-24-2013

another example of how riot does listen to scrubs on GD. They do not balance for high elo only what would make the scrubs happy.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-24-2013
1 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racism View Post
It doesn't matter if you go 5/0 in a lane because you outplayed the opponent.

All the enemy has to do is stall the game for dat passive gold.

Seriously, every game I've played since the preseason patches have all gone 40 + minutes because a team just stalls for passive gold and starts getting fed off of stalling.

In the last 3 games that I've lost, I've had 6 items and 5k+ gold and the game was dragged on to 45+ minutes. I literally couldn't do anything because passive gold + targon made it harder to 1v5 since the entire enemy team was slowly gaining gold, and I had to watch as my team played poorly and the enemy team catch up.

I know this was the point of the patch, but it seems ridiculous. It might actually create an elo hell because now every game is determined by how well your team plays, not just you.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next change was "Every time you die, you split the gold gained by the enemy", because death causes a "toxic" environment and doesn't highlight a player's strongpoints.
Interesting name.

So, we can evaluate both of these very easily -- are games shorter, longer or the same, and are individuals as able, less able or just as able to carry. I think those are good questions. I'm pretty sure the core gameplay team is already evaluating it, but I'll make sure that it's on their mind, as those are the right questions to ask.

The TLDR is:
1) We like games to be in the 30-40 range. We don't want them to be longer than before. If they are becoming significantly longer, we'd make an adjustment.

2) Ideally, we want teams to snowball less... and individuals to snowball as much or more -- which is to say, reward individual skill specifically. Individual snowballing is fun, team snowballing is not. If we saw patterns contrary to this, we'd make adjustments.

3) This is fair criticism, and we will evaluate if it's broadly true and make adjustments if 'longer games' seem to be an outcome.

HeY x SeAn

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanVaynePlease View Post
another example of how riot does listen to scrubs on GD. They do not balance for high elo only what would make the scrubs happy.
dw they're are really good teamplayers, they'll be diamond this season. and we can all drop to bronze because of how boring these changes make the game.

implement 6 item start please ... because im not looking for 30 min of farming every game ...

Racism

Master Recruiter

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grads View Post
Not in favor The "anti-snowballing" changes or the introduction of targon's, personally. More power to the ADC in my humble opinion.
I've pretty much gotten to 6 item ADC +3k extra gold in every game I've played since preseason started.

Before, getting 5 items before a game was already decided was rare.

It's ridiculous.

Racism

Master Recruiter

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Interesting name.

So, we can evaluate both of these very easily -- are games shorter, longer or the same, and are individuals as able, less able or just as able to carry. I think those are good questions. I'm pretty sure the core gameplay team is already evaluating it, but I'll make sure that it's on their mind, as those are the right questions to ask.

The TLDR is:
1) We like games to be in the 30-40 range. We don't want them to be longer than before.
2) We want games as much or more for individuals in pre-season, but less for teams. We can check that.
I picked it after the name clearing back in december 2012.

It was the only "unique" name available because the other ones were taken so fast.

Nobody has really ever messaged me or said that they were offended by it, please don't make me change it.

pls

Also - A lot of examples are somewhat exaggerated, but for the most part the game feels extremely harder to end with all the extra gold coming in from assists and passively generated.