1 Challenger + 5 Golds + 3 Platinums + 1 Silver

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-24-2013
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoobert View Post
it isn't all that rare and the fact that it can happen is pretty laughable.
The debate has to be around if diamond players should be able to pre-make at all with their silver friends. Because, if they do, this will have to happen.

Dies to Wolves

11-24-2013

Brazilian server has it much worse. There's a pro brazilian player, once saw him streaming, season 2 (still elo). He was at 1999 elo with that account, duoing with anoter 2k-ish elo dude. His team and enemy team consisted of people from 900-1300 elo. When he won, he only gained 1 elo lol

more recently, few months ago I was playing ranked; I was gold 3 I think. Duoing with a plat 5 friend. My team was, besides us, an unranked dude still on his 10 initial matches (and he never played ranked in previous seasons), a silver and another plat. Enemy team had a challenger (solo queue challenger, not x3 or whatever), 3 diamonds and 1 plat.

giguelingueling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol r u srs View Post
can you explain this?Attachment 838030
is this a normal game ?

because mmr from normal and ranked aren't linked

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-24-2013
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by giguelingueling View Post
is this a normal game ?

because mmr from normal and ranked aren't linked
Yes. We did reconcile that somewhat, but it's an approximation, not a direct 1:1.

Shinoobert

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
The debate has to be around if diamond players should be able to pre-make at all with their silver friends. Because, if they do, this will have to happen.
I know they wouldn't but imagine any TSM member or any CLG member duoing with a bronze or silver. We know they wouldn't do it but the possibility for them to do it is out there and I don't understand why it is.

If I were Jesus

11-24-2013

Quote:
Yes. We did reconcile that somewhat, but it's an approximation, not a direct 1:1.
zileas is here again
obligatory downvote

A Bad Varus

11-24-2013

Quote:
We are not planning on blocking these premades. If you guys felt very much differently, that priority could change. But we don't see evidence that this is a clearly bad or clearly urgent problem, and we are instead spending time on making general improvements to matchmaking, some of which went in (undocumented) in this patch and shouldve enhanced match quality a lot.
Nobody. Likes. Premades.

Please just remove them from ranked altogether.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-24-2013
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeroxable View Post
Nobody. Likes. Premades.

Please just remove them from ranked altogether.
Actually, about a year ago there was a bunch of forum talk about this concept, so we went in and looked at how people play -- and premades are actually incredibly popular and have majority participation (e.g. most people do them at least sometimes)... and don't seem to have specific other negative outcomes in terms of behavior, etc. We like that they help play with your friends, and appear to not have negative side effects in aggregate. Clearly, when you lose, you are going to blame something for the loss, and premades are as convenient an excuse as any. But... they do seem to be a good thing for the mode overall as far as I can tell, and I did look pretty closely with the social systems guys.

I am far more open to a debate about if diamond players should premake at all with silvers.

Orghak The Great

11-24-2013

Quote:
The decision is along these lines:

1) How "Bad" is it when it happens? If clearly negative, worth fixing.
2) How frequently does it occur? (indicating priority if you extend against 'how bad')

I think the answers are:

1) After some very recent changes that went in this patch, it should not be skewing win chance (before there was a slight disadvantage to the diamond player/silver player duo). So, any 'badness' is comparing two intangibles: the intagible of 'The other 3 of us don't want silver guys in my plat game' vs the intangible of "We two want to easily play with my friends in solo queue'. I would rate this as arguably either 'slightly bad' or 'neutral'.
2) It doesn't happen that much.

We are not planning on blocking these premades. If you guys felt very much differently, that priority could change. But we don't see evidence that this is a clearly bad or clearly urgent problem, and we are instead spending time on making general improvements to matchmaking, some of which went in (undocumented) in this patch and shouldve enhanced match quality a lot.

If we were to fix it, we'd probably just put a tier restriction on extreme edge cases (e.g. if someone is more than 2 tiers from you, you can't match with them as a duo)

- Zileas
How the hell do you find this acceptable allowing one lane to stomp and the other to feed horribly?

Just Mid

11-24-2013

Quote:
I am far more open to a debate about if diamond players should premake at all with silvers.
No. But honestly there are SO many problems right now that this should be the least of your concerns. First fix the actual game because it's just team deathmatch atm. Then go about fixing the other things. People have been complaining about this duo q stuff for as long as I've been playing. It really causes a lot of imbalances

1234567 ... 13