Relic, Rakkor and Face of the Mountain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cameryn Kyre

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
The structure of the game, consisting of dangerous towers which must be destroyed, alongside the structure of teamfights is what guarantees the need for the Marksman. That said.... whaa? Nerfing one OP item is not huge itemization changes
Hey, I wrote the patch you need to fix support items, please look it over and then implement it.

http://community.na.leagueoflegends....r-support-main

Your changes are unhealthy. You're going to completely remove Relic Shield as a viable item for all ranged supports. Face of the Mountain is easily my new favorite support item and you're telling me only Taric and Leona get to build it? Taric is still not viable past Silver and Leona is so hit or miss (literally) and so all-in that not being in perfect sync with your ADC is death.

Blitz has never been a support imo, a gimmicky kill lane that works because of how ridiculously OP the grab mechanic works. But provided he isn't banned he's the only support I can really play and buy Relic Shield on... aside trying to desperately revive support Ali and Nunu, but Jungle Ali is back in action (and Nunu is still awesome there too) so why bother.

My changes to Relic Shield balance it perfectly and still allow ranged supports to use it.

Please, just read it.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

11-24-2013
12 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
By the way Xelnath, regarding the relic item, we have two possible gold counters in the description, one is 'Gold Shared: x' and the other one 'Gold Pillaged: x' but only one displayed at a time.

When 2 people carry the relic and share the same lane, it makes the counter a bit confusing as both share and pillage gold but only one information is displayed.

I assume that currently the highest income of the two is what I see?

Would that be possible to simply have both show in the description?
I'll get this fixed.

Hyperdash900

11-24-2013

Xelnath,

My opinion is that when the execute procs, instead of getting base minion gold + bonus gold to both members, the base minion gold from the execute would be split between both lane partners and heal as well. This way, they have to make a tradeoff between either giving the full gold to the ADC, or healing the ADC but gaining half the gold.

EDIT: I'm not sure how the GP/10 calculations add up for this idea, is my idea viable?

Hyperdash900

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLuck View Post
Could you also include a change to the Spoils of war giving away junglers position when he is in a bush
You're trading a massive gold advantage and near infinite sustain for suboptimal jungle ganks, it doesn't seem too imbalanced in that regard.

vasheenomed

11-24-2013

@xelnath are you worried that since all the items simply generate gold, that for ranged champions who CAN use them all effecticely (since cs is not that hard as a ranged support for targons) that people will just min max the gold? seeing as people constantly min maxxed the other gp5 items in s3... I feel like without clear directions for each item that people will use one almost exclusively until they all have niches that they fill much better than the others

Cameryn Kyre

11-24-2013

Quote:
I'll get this fixed.
http://community.na.leagueoflegends....r-support-main

Please read this, if anything needs fixing it's your approach to nerfing Relic Shield.

Taking the shiny new Face of the Mountain with awesome stats and active out of the hands of ranged supports is unfair and cruel.

Wezz

11-24-2013

Quote:
I'm reducing the rate at which you gain charges by 50%. For example, if Hashinshin posted once per minute, and we reduced that rate by 50%, Hashinshin would suddenly be unhappy.
Rekt

falkenjeff

11-24-2013

Quote:
I'll get this fixed.
Can you just make it so the tab screen shows total gold beside cs? It's harder to know who is fed/dangerous with these new changes anyway, so I think displaying total gold for every player would be okay. it stops the noob bronze deaths when you jump into someone you thought you could kill, and..... nope, not even close.

Marisa

11-24-2013

Quote:
I'll get this fixed.
On that note, can we give credit for the CS to the recipient of the sharing as well? It feels like CS values in Relic Shield lanes is always so misleading because the shield holder has the credit for the CS even though both players got the same gold from sharing.

BoltAktion

11-24-2013

You are going in the wrong direction.

Instead of just removing the ability for it to stack, you are gutting the item and nobody will buy it anymore.

RIP Relics.