Relic, Rakkor and Face of the Mountain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nissefarr

11-24-2013

I want to give you my thoughts but there is a lot to it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._relic_shield/

cocacolalips

11-24-2013

I like how people assume the game is cemented with positions and champions in these positions, and you can't move, swap, roam and sh!t.

There is not such a thing as a 2V1 top lane. If you think that is what you see, you better open your eyes a bit more and watch again.
What you see is a jungler with smite that will assist the top lane more than before. Both him and the top laner share one side of the jungle and the top lane. While the mid laner and the bottom duo share the other side of the jungle and their respective lane. That's it.

That's one way to optimize gold streams and pressure the top lane a bit more, as you give up the control of the dragon and possible ganks on the bottom lane.
There is no clear advantage on either strategy, it's just that, a strategy, and I will be very sad if Riot interferes and invalides the whole thing.

Lord Denorstrus

11-24-2013

I'm sorry but as a jungle main this is ridiculous. Not only has individual influence on game decreased. (previously 4v4 with ward bots so easier to influence game) has now turned into how gets the most OP support and the support carries the whole game.. 10/0 mid? Who cares the enemy annie support can 2 shot you despite having 0 CS and nothing but assists. On another note jungling sucks so much right now there literally is 0 reason to do it. Worse so is the cast time small yes but there.. on smite.. now it's not even really a buff secure once people have abilities that cast quicker and can do more damage that's reason #2 to not care about jungling.. I mean we were glorified ward bots with tank stats.. but our biggest job was objective control and with that removed.. my identity is practically gone. I'm sorry but this pre season patch has so far ruined my League experience. Tempted to quit until riot realizes this is a horrid patch.

Taint Misbehavin

11-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Pheonix View Post
it's hilarious how spirit of the ancient golem is recommended on her btw
nothing new. Trinity Force has been a recommended item on her since release.

Eyrgos

11-24-2013

I have an important question about your design-paradigms in regard to the True Mage<>True Support spectrum:

Xelnath, would you please share with us the S3 design-paradigms & the intended S4 design-paradigms for True Mages, Utility Mages, & True Supports?

Below is a rough idea of how I believe S4 should look:

True Mages - high base-damage, avg-high scaling/rank, avg-high ap (dmg) ratios, zero ap (util) ratios, & low-zero cc/utility

Utility Mages - high base-damage, avg scaling/rank, avg ap (dmg) ratios, zero ap (util) ratios, & low-avg cc/utility

True Supports - avg base-damage, avg scaling/rank, low ap (dmg) ratios, avg ap (util) ratios, & high cc/utility

I think, in general, that True Mages & Utility Mages currently match these paradigms quite well... I think that the current S4 direction for True Supports, however, goes something like this:

True Supports - LOW base-damage, LOW scaling/rank, AVG ap (dmg) ratios, LOW ap (util) ratios, & high cc/utility

I think a change in terms of these four would accomplish great good... a bit more front-loaded damage on the True Supports & a bit better scaling/rank, combined with a reduction in ap (dmg) ratio scaling plus an increase in ap (util) ratio scaling would set them off right... enabling them to compete against bot-lane Utility Mages a bit more effectively in the early levels, yet still allowing for their role to progress appropriately while still remaining somewhat valid damage-wise.

This change may even permit "True Supports" to mid-lane in a non-toxic fashion which would seem to please tens of thousands of players who desire such a possibility.

What do you think Xelnath?

BONUS: I also think a couple more "True Support" items could be useful...

Shurima's Curse: Amplifying Tome (435) + Fiendish Codex (820) + Recipe Cost (845) = +50 AP, +10% CDR, & "Active: Smaller/Lesser Vladimir Ultimate" (2100)... and stats to accompany the recipe cost.

Shurelya's Blessing: Amplifying Tome (435) + Ruby Crystal (475) + Warden's Mail (1000) + Recipe Cost (490) = +20 AP, +50 Armor, +180 HP, & "Active: Smaller/Lesser Maokai Ultimate" (2400)... and stats to accompany the recipe cost.

@Xelnath

cocacolalips

11-24-2013

By the way Xelnath, regarding the relic item, we have two possible gold counters in the description, one is 'Gold Shared: x' and the other one 'Gold Pillaged: x' but only one displayed at a time.

When 2 people carry the relic and share the same lane, it makes the counter a bit confusing as both share and pillage gold but only one information is displayed.

I assume that currently the highest income of the two is what I see?

Would that be possible to simply have both show in the description?

Boggs

11-24-2013

I hardly ever post, but on this I have to.

I feel like you guys should know the best route to take on nerfs, buffs, etc, but I feel like you hit he opposite point on this one.

Why nerf those stats and not the duel lane options for it? Nerfing the direct stats nerfs both areas of the item and you don't even know yet if it's OP with only one laner having it. Nerfing this way means that not only did you nerf duel lanes, you also nerfed it being at all decent on only one person having it per lane.

PLUS - why not BUFF the jungle first?

Either way, I don't usually disagree, but this time I do. I'm sure you'll figure it all out before season 4 starts, but why take unnecessary steps and make more work for yourselves?

MajorLuck

vasheenomed

11-24-2013

@xelnath... why not just make the different support items for different types of lanes

ancient coin - give it gold on kill or assist along with the passive gold and make it the kill lane item... highest stats and lowest gold value, with the kill/assist gold there for clarity of what it's goal is

spellthief blade - give this one stacks so you can use it when you WANT and not on 8 second cd requirement... make it for poke lane... moderate stats but also moderate gold since poke lane is kind of half passive half aggresive.

targon's brace - make this the farm lane item... most gold generation and slight gold generation increase on adc... but then also lowest stats... makes all in's much harder but allows you to farm up slightly quicker to endgame. perhaps move it closer to in line with others and remove the double effect

really hoping for a response on this I think the current strategy of balancing them around being able to pick ANY instead of making them complement characters makes less sense... why would you pick a poke champion if you don't enjoy poking? so your starting support item should support the champion choice

cocacolalips

11-24-2013

Also, the new sound that pops up whenever you execute a minion with the relic is annoying.

It's too damn loud.
Feels like playing a pinball game. Fckin Bling everywhere HAHA

Alone that could be alright, but having to ear it every 5 seconds, + the gold sound when you last hit something, + pings + announcer + champion voice + spell noise etc, is too much.